Print PDF to PDF - usage of embedded fonts

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Print PDF to PDF - usage of embedded fonts

Post by Peter2 »

I have a PDF with some embedded fonts which are not on my PC. The display of the fonts is OK. When I print this PDF to PDF, then these fonts are pixeled, although the option "embed all fonts" is active.

Is it not possible to embed fonts from PDF to PDF ("to transfer them")?

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Print PDF to PDF - usage of embedded fonts

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Peter,

it should be - can you please let us have a copy of the PDF so we can analyse further - can you also advise if you have control over the PDF creation as there could be an issue on the machine actually creating the PDF/embedding the fonts ?

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:...it should be ...
Hi John
that's for me the basic conclusion: Fonts should be transferred from PDF to PDF, also without having installed the fonts on the PC.

I'm sorry that I can not send you the specific PDF; it is not made by me and contain technical data. But it is really possible that the creation of the PDF went wrong.
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

Are you opening and printing this file in the Editor or in another application?

Regards,
Stefan
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

what we need to know is what made the original PDF Peter and what method was used to generate a new PDF from the original specifically.

Also we may need to see a PDF of some kind - even if you create a new one yourself from alternative content and can recreate the problem - so we can analyze and advise.

Points to note - Type1 and CFF fonts will cause issues as these are not necessarily supported by Windows so probably will not work (type one can be enabled though if additional libraries are installed in Windows) - so the font type is critical, for example TrueType fonts are generally no issue and will be supported.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com