Fail to remove device safely after saving files to USB disk

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

newnews
User

Fail to remove device safely after saving files to USB disk

Post by newnews »

If I print something to pdf and save to removable drive, I am not able to perform "safely remove device" function unless I terminate the process "pdfsaver5.exe" from Task Manager. It happened on version 4 as well(pdfsaver4.exe). The process should be automatically terminated when the printing job completes.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Fail to remove device safely after saving files to USB d

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi newsnews,

Thanks for the post - please try starting the pdfSaver5 (type "pdfSaver5" in the Windows Start Menu's search) and set it to auto-unload after 'x' amount of time (however small of a time-frame you believe to be reasonable) and see if this helps.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Fail to remove device safely after saving files to USB d

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This is resolved in build 311 - released in approx. 2 weeks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com