Use of Overlay Files in Profiles

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BarryH
User

Use of Overlay Files in Profiles

Post by BarryH »

Hi

I have a couple of 2 page pdf files I use as overlays for letterheads with continuation sheets.

I use the overlay to "Repeat Last Page of Shorter Overlay File" which then uses the 2nd page of the overlay pdf as the continuation sheet.

I am using version 5.5 build 309 and I have found that despite saving the profile with the overlay option I require it always reverts to "Continuous Repeat of Shorter Overlay File".

Can this be confirmed please, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Use of Overlay Files in Profiles

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Barry,

I just tried this and could not reproduce. Do you make sure that you click to activate your profile with the correct settings - as if you e.g. close and then reopen your application, and start a new print - then the "default settings" will be used, and you need to explicitly change the profile via the preferences button.
With the "Overlay" section of our drivers settings on screen, changing the profile correctly changes that setting for me.

Please make sure you have the current latest build of our drivers and all will be well:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Regards,
Stefan
BarryH
User

Post by BarryH »

Hi Stefan

Sorry, that's about as clear as mud!

I want a profile that when selected uses "Repeat Last Page of Shorter Overlay File"

At the moment I cannot get this to stick it always reverts to "Continuous Repeat of Shorter Overlay File"

Sorry for being a bit dim!

Thanks
Best regards
Barry
BarryH
User

Post by BarryH »

Hi Stefan

As I suspected it seems that the problem lies with the Operator!

I've had a another go at changing the profile and this time it seems to have stuck, so I don't know what I was doing wrong before but I seem to have got it right this time!

Thanks for your help.
Best regards
Barry
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear all is now OK Barry!

Cheers,
Stefan