PDF XChange Lite 2012 Print Driver questions

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

prr
User

PDF XChange Lite 2012 Print Driver questions

Post by prr »

Mods, not sure if this is the proper forum or not. Please move as needed.

I just installed the Lite 2012 print driver. I like how it works, except for 2 things.

(1) is there a way to get it to NOT open the file in PDFXChange after the PDF is created?
(2) is there a way to get the software/driver to NOT run as a Windows program/service (I'm on Win7) after I close the print dialog? It stays in my task manager. In the settings, I have already selected it to autounload after 120 seconds, and unselected teh option to show icon in system tray.
Windows 11
PDFX-Change Editor current
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF XChange Lite 2012 Print Driver questions

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi prr,

Thanks for the post and questions!

1) This can be done by right clicking the printer within the Devices and Printers section of the Control Panel, then selecting "Printing Preferences". Under the Save section, deselect the "Run Application..." checkbox.

2) The auto-unload feature has not been implemented in Lite yet and is currently a placeholder for a feature to come.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
prr
User

Post by prr »

Thanks for the quick reply.

OK I can live with the 22 megs of RAM it is taking up. I've got 8 gigs, so what's 22 megs between friends?

But I have unchecked that option, but I'm still getting PDFXChange opening it up.

Do I have to reboot?
Windows 11
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi prr,

No, no reboot should be required and I can't reproduce this here. Can you go to the printer preferences from within the application that you're printing from (i.e. Word) and make sure that this is set within the application as well?

Failing that, with that option unchecked, can you please follow the steps in this KB article to produce a TMP file and send it to support@pdf-xchange.com?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgeba ... e-an-issue

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
prr
User

Post by prr »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote: Can you go to the printer preferences from within the application that you're printing from (i.e. Word) and make sure that this is set within the application as well?
Cheers,
Thanks, that did it. I'm rather surprised--I would have thought that Printer Properties are printer properties, but yeah after going into the properties from within my browser, I saw that the option to open in PDF viewer was still checked. I unchecked it, and all is well now.

That seems strange, but I've long since learned that not everything in the computer world operates how I think it should. :)

Thanks again. I like this product.
Windows 11
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Prr,

If they're set within the control panel, then they are considered the default and the application should then pull those defaults. However, if the application was open when these changes were made then you will likely need to restart the application.
That seems strange, but I've long since learned that not everything in the computer world operates how I think it should.
Since working in IT, I've definitely learned that lesson the hard & frustrating way ;)

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)