Unable to Print in CCH Application After Upgrade

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

yourdms limited
User

Unable to Print in CCH Application After Upgrade

Post by yourdms limited »

Hi,

Following an upgrade to the customer's CCH software to v2014.2.0 last week, PDF X-Change is no longer able to print documents from within the application. Trying to print the document either briefly shows the "Saving PDF" progress window in the bottom-right of the screen, or shows the printer queue for PDF X-Change with the document that is cleared after a few seconds. This is affecting more than one user.

The version of PDF X-Change installed previously was 5.0.0269.0. Upgrading to 5.0.0273.2 and 5.5.0308.0 has not helped at all. PDF X-Change continues to work with other applications like Word 2007 however.

PDF X-Change is set to save a file in the user's \Documents\ folder with a pre-set name and set to overwrite the file each time it is run. Changing the printer preferences to display the "Save As..." dialog box or to use a different path does not have any effect.

The document can be printed using a different PDF printer application, even to the existing file set for PDF X-Change.

The user's machine where we tried re-installing PDF X-Change is running Windows 7 32-bit, has 4GB RAM and has a dual-core CPU.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Print in CCH Application After Upgrade

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi yourdms limited,

Thanks for the post - if you're still using 308.0, could you please try downloading and installing build 309 from here and see if that helps:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
yourdms limited
User

Hi Will,

Unfortunately, installing build 309 made no difference. We've since tried logging in as a different user on to the machine and trying from the same application, and this has not helped either. I also tried printing only the first page via PDF X-Change, but this did not help.

As before, changes to the printer preferences such as the save location or whether to show the "Save As..." dialog are not applied.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Can you please see if a temp (.tmp) file is created - by doing as detailed in the KB article (if not is a remote session direct to the user's system possible ?)

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/271

If so - please send to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum post URL for reference in the email body.

Also is this happening just to one user or multiple users ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
yourdms limited
User

Hi John,

I connected to the user and was able to get a .tmp file to be created when printing from CCH. I have just sent an email to the support address with two .tmp files - one for the first page, one for the complete document. The problem is happening to more than one user.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for that - I'll pass it along to the Dev. Team as soon as they're in.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
yourdms limited
User

Hi Will,

Is there any update on this issue?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

I'm afraid that I've not heard anything further yet. I'll see if I can get an update from them today.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
yourdms limited
User

Hello,

Is there any update on this?

Kind Regards,
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi yourdms limited,

We've recently undergone a mail server migration and it appears that we no longer have access to the TMP file. I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience and continued to delays! Could you please resend the the TMP files, according to John's previous instructions (below) and I will do what I can to make sure that this is seen as a priority.
Can you please see if a temp (.tmp) file is created - by doing as detailed in the KB article (if not is a remote session direct to the user's system possible ?)

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/271

If so - please send to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum post URL for reference in the email body.
Thanks,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
yourdms limited
User

Hi Will,

I have resent the previous email with the .tmp files. Please let us know if you need any more information.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Marcel,

Thanks - we've got the files and I've forwarded them to one of the drivers experts to take a look.

Regards,
Stefan
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hey guys,

I have just been informed that this has been fixed for build 310.

Thanks for waiting!
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
yourdms limited
User

Patrick-Tracker Supp wrote:Hey guys,

I have just been informed that this has been fixed for build 310.

Thanks for waiting!
Hello,

When is the ETA for build 310?

Kind Regards,
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

We're hoping to release it sometime within the next week to 2 weeks, provided all goes well.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
yourdms limited
User

Hi Will,

We've installed build 310.0 on the machine and it creates the PDF on the first attempt, but PDF X-Change is only using the default settings. For instance, the "Save as" window appears on every attempt even if this is changed. The preferences have also been set as required in the printer preferences itself rather than from the CCH application (from Control Panel -> Devices and Printers). These preferences are used by Word.

We've tried closing pdfSaver5L.exe from Task Manager after closing CCH as well as setting PDFSaver to unload after a few seconds, but neither has any effect on this problem.

After trying these options, further attempts to print the document do not show any activity from PDF X-Change.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi yourdms limited,

I hate to say it, but we recently released 311, which was almost entirely for bug fixes, some of which were intended for 310. Could you give that a try:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
yourdms limited
User

Hello,

We have installed the latest version as requested and same behaviour could be seen as the previous version. You go in the application to print and then choose the correct printer, whichever setting set in the printer driver overall does not apply to this specific instance of this printer.

If I go into the preferences of said printer while trying to print through CCH all the options are set as you can see in the screenshot... but yet it still asks me where I want to save the file and then display it in adobe (default settings).

Please advise.
Attachments
screenshot.zip
Screenshot of the printer settings from CCH.
(66.08 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
yourdms limited
User

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi yourdms limited,

I think, by this point, a remote session may be best. If you're amenable to a remote session, then could you please take a look at this KB article, then send in your details to support@pdf-xchange.com
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowled ... e-an-issue

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

We are a little confused as to what we need to do next and how to proceed as it appears the original problem is resolved - but has introduced an issue where the default settings are not being applied from the driver from your application - but Word for example is applying the default settings - is that correct ?

If so - we will need to perform a remote connection to take a look at the issue directly ourselves.

If the above is correct - can you please advise when this would be possible to allow us to progress this matter ?

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
yourdms limited
User

Hi John,

Apologies for the confusion. The issue occurring now is that changing the settings for PDF X-Change Lite has no effect in CCH - only the default settings are used by the application (unlike before where no document was being created at all).

At the moment, we're waiting on the user to confirm getting remote access for you (and return the Request for Remote Support form). Once we have this back we will follow the rest of the instructions in the linked KB article.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi yourdms limited,

Thanks for the update. Once you get the file from the user please send it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic and we will proceed with testing this.

Regards,
Stefan