Lite printer driver not working

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

eradin
User

Lite printer driver not working

Post by eradin »

Hi. I installed he latest version of PDF-xchange lite 2012. Whenever I print using the driver (from any application), nothing happens. I assume a dialog box should show up with some options. I do notice a print job in the spooler that automatically deletes itself. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times with different install settings and I still get the same results.

Another curious thing. If I check the Print to File box in the printer dialog, I get a file xxxx.pdf.prn. If I change the name to .pdf and display, the pdf is created. But I don't think that's the proper way to go.

Here is my info.

Pdf-xchange printer lite
Version 5.0 Build 273.2

Windows XP Pro SP 3 (32 bit)

I hope this is something simple. I was using adobe 7 pro but it no longer is reliable with current office applications so I'm I really need something more current to work.

Thank you
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Lite printer driver not working

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello eradin,

Welcome to Forum-

What installer did you use e.g. .zip or msi?

Try downloading version 4 from the previous versions link on the downloads page of our website and see if that helps.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
eradin
User

Post by eradin »

I tried the zip file. I will try V4 and see what happens.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Alright,

Do let us know how it turns out. If it does not work, try the msi installer for both V5 and V4.

HTH
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
eradin
User

Post by eradin »

Here is what I found.

I uninstalled everything. Installed V4 and it mostly worked. The problem I was having with Adobe 7.0 PRO was the MS word footers weren't appearing on every page when I PDF'ed the doc. It worked and looked perfect on the monitor and also it printed fine. I suspect it was the old 7 PRO driver with a newer version of Office. When I installed the V4 driver, that same problem came back.

As I mentioned earlier, when I printed to a file (.prn), I looked at the resulting pdf and it was perfect. That was with the V5 driver. I know the V5 driver is generating good looking PDF files but the driver is not prompting me with any dialogs. I really need the V5 driver to work.

As as far as the .zip vs .msi, I can't find any msi files on the download page. Am I missing something?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi eradin,

Thanks for the post - could you please advise on what Version of MS Word you're printing from?

Also, could you please send both the Word document and the *.prn file?

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
eradin
User

Post by eradin »

I am using MS Word 2007. I have uploaded the files. The pdf labeled V4 is from the V4 driver. The pdf labeled V5 is from the V5 driver. The V5 pdf was actually created by checking the Print to File check box in the printer dialog. The V4 file has the footers missing on several pages. Also, neither time both drivers were installed simultaneously. I only installed and generated the pdf's one at a time.
Attachments
proposal.zip
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 127 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi eradin,

Thanks for those files - I'm setting up an XP test machine, with MS Office 2007, now. It could take a while to get it fully patched and up to 'snuff', but I'll post back as soon as I've had a chance to test this.

Cheers,
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com