Multiple user acounts on single computer and licensing

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

yarger engineering, inc.
User

Multiple user acounts on single computer and licensing

Post by yarger engineering, inc. »

I have two users on one laptop that they share. I installed PDF-XChange Standard on the laptop with one of the user accounts, but it is not available to the other. If I were to install it a second time on the same laptop using the other user account, would it require a second license even though they are on the same laptop?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Multiple user acounts on single computer and licensing

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi yarger engineering, inc.,

Thanks for the post - this would require two licenses, as we do not license per machine, but instead license per user.

Hope that helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
yarger engineering, inc.
User

Thank you for the quick reply. I bought a three pack, so I will use two of them for the one laptop, and I guess my secretary goes without for now.

You may want to clarify the one license per user account in your license agreement. I read it several times and couldn't tell.

Brad
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi Brad,

We extend our licenses to allow installation of the software on up to 2 devices for each unique user, so you can have 3 users and install on up to 2 machines for each.

I will bring up adding this to the license agreement with management.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Best,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
yarger engineering, inc.
User

We have four employees and five licenses, but three of us share two laptops. On top of that, they are not all the same version. If I think about it enough, and am careful with which license goes where with the laptops, I should be able to it work.

Brad
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hey Brad,

that's the way it works - it's up to you to manage that, and I'm sure you'll manage... ;-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America