PDF-Xchange Pro print to file problem

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Paleo_Maggs
User

PDF-Xchange Pro print to file problem

Post by Paleo_Maggs »

Hello, and please forgive me if this problem has been addressed elsewhere. I'm pressed for time, and I need help quickly.

I'm a new user of this product - I've been using Acrobat Pro for years - and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. In Acrobat Pro, I could convert webpages and/or documents accessed from a webpage to .pdfs with no problem, but when I try to convert a webpage and or document to .pdf now, it makes a .pdf of the original webpage I accessed to get to the information I need. In other words, I log on to our local real estate multiple listing service website. Then I search for the property I need and from there, I access documents about those properties. But when I attempt to convert these documents to .pdfs, it makes a .pdf of the main website log-in page. However, when I "print" to file "the old-fashioned way" - File, Print, etc., it correctly makes the .pdf I need. It was SO much easier to just click on the convert icon before though.

I hope this all makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-Xchange Pro print to file problem

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Paleo_Maggs,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forums - there are couple things that I'll need from you to be able to investigate this further:

1) Could you just clarify that you're using Internet Explorer and the Add-in? (It sounds like you are from the description).

2) Could you please send the 2 PDF's that you mentioned? (If proprietary, is there any chance of sending them privately, via email to support@pdf-xchange.com ?)

3) Also, it would be extremely helpful to be able to access the same pages that you tried converting - is there a link that you could provide?

Cheers, let me know!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paleo_Maggs
User

Post by Paleo_Maggs »

Hi Will. Wow, thank you for your quick response.

1) Yes, I used IE, but the Add-In? Not sure. How would I verify I have the Add-in? (Sorry)

2) The two pdfs. The one named ctarmls is what it SHOULD look like. The one name agent report is what I'm getting.

3) Unfortunately, I can't allow you to access the MLS website. Only realtors, appraisers, assistants, etc. have access to that info. I can try another website - one that's unrestricted - and see what happens if you like.

Thank you!
Attachments
Agent Full Report.pdf
Not converting properly
(16.43 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
ctarmls.pdf
What the pdf should look like
(94.68 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Paleo_Maggs,

No worries, thanks for getting the files to me!

1) The add-in will look like the attached screen-shot on the IE toolbar.
Screen-shot.zip
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
2) I will take a look and will post back with what I find.

3) If you can't provide access, I completely understand, but if possible it would definitely help for you to find a page that does the same thing. If and when you do, please let me know and I will try to reproduce this there.

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Paleo_Maggs
User

Post by Paleo_Maggs »

Hi Will,

1) Okay, yes. I have that Add-in on my toolbar.

Here's a website to try: http://sc-charleston-county.governmax.com/svc/

Go to Real Property on the left, then Owner's Name. Type in anyone - someone named Windsor for example - and then choose a random parcel ID#. When I convert to pdf, it gives me the original webpage.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Paleo_Maggs,

Thanks for the info. - I'll check this out my end, then will let you know as soon as I know more.

Cheers, and thanks for your patience!
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Paleo_Maggs,

Thanks for waiting - I've reproduced this, so I created an internal Development ticket to track the progress of this. For reference, this ticket number is RT-1915.

I'll post again if anything else is needed, or if any other information becomes available.

Cheers,
Will
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Paleo_Maggs
User

Post by Paleo_Maggs »

Thank you, Will!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Paleo_Maggs
User

Post by Paleo_Maggs »

Hi. I was wondering if anyone figured out my issue with printing webpages. (ticket number is RT-1915.)

Thanks so much!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI

the ticket is still open so it has not been resolved yet. Hopefully it will be addressed before the next build in a few weeks.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hi Paleo_Maggs,

Such as IE Add-in uses URL from address bar in IE, it will convert web page from this URL (it simply gets this address and navigates to it in hidden instance of webbrowser form which it creates PDF). In this case to get converted same page as you see on screen, you should have auto-login on web site, or URL should have all needed requests in its text.
We will consider possibility of changing this behaviour in near future.