Converting 6X9 Word page to PDF - error msg

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Judy
User

Converting 6X9 Word page to PDF - error msg

Post by Judy »

I have a 6X9 paper size Word 2003 document that I want to convert to PDF. Using PDFXchange 4 - Build 201, I get the message: Margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Continuing, the margins are indeed clipped on all sides (see zip).

Using the machine at work that has Adobe -- the document converted to PDF without a problem (see zip). I've also attached a zip of the Word doc so you can see specifics of the page setup.

What a I missing? What can I do to PDFXchange to allow it to convert the document as Adobe does?

Thanks - Judy
PDFXchange4Version.zip
(125.72 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
AdobeVersion.pdf
(43.74 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Word2003Version.zip
(185.53 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Converting 6X9 Word page to PDF - error msg

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Judy,

The file converted just fine at my end - so please check the settings you have for the Office add-in (they are separate than those for the normal printing driver) - and ensure that there aren't some manual margins that you are forcing?

I used MS Office Word 2010 and the latest build of our drivers

Best,
Stefan
Attachments
Word2003Version_1.pdf
(201.48 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Judy
User

Post by Judy »

Okay. How do I get to the Office add-in settings to check them?
Judy
Judy
User

Post by Judy »

I hate to be a pest -- but I have no idea how to check the settings for Office add-ins. Are you suggesting this is a Word problem? Not a PDFXchange print driver problem?

I'll be happy to check that out -- but don't know how. However, I have to say that I'm skeptical -- cuz it works with Adobe.

By the way, I'm still using Word 2003, not 2010. Probably shouldn't affect the results but just in case.

Judy
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Judy,

the Add-Ins each have their own settings as Stefan mentioned. To access the Word 2003 Add-In settings for example start Word and make sure the PDF-XChange Add-In is toggled on. You can toggle available tools with a right click on an unused potion of the Word Toolbar.

You will see 3 icons for PDF-XChange, the right most one is to access settings. See 2003_Addin_settings_icon.PNG in the attached archive.

I have sent also the default settings that should work. See 2003_Addin_settings_Paper.PNG in the same attached archive.

hth
Attachments
2003_AddinSetting.zip
(80.44 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Judy
User

Post by Judy »