partly transparent objects from Excel are ignored

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Willerding
User

partly transparent objects from Excel are ignored

Post by Willerding »

Hi support team,

within Excel I sometimes use a rectangle made partyl transparent for highlighting a special region of a diagram. It seems to be a special task to transfer it correctly to a pdf. The PDF-Xchange Pro 4.198 printer driver simply ignores the rectangle. While another pdf-printer driver (nova-pdf-pro 7) just transfers a black rectangle, other drivers (Perfect PDF5 and NitroPDF 5 Pro) are able to transfer partly transparent rectangles into pdfs.
The file produced by this applications is rather big (but not made 'as picture'). When I then print the pdf again and this time using PDF-XchangeViewer and printer driver the rectangle is preserved while the new pdf gets shrinked (in my example from 1,6 MB to about 600 kb).

For your information: I used standard conditions within the printer driver (graphics compression in auto-mode, no downsampling).

I would be nice if you could fix this problem.

Best regards, Christian
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: partly transparent objects from Excel are ignored

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Christian,

I would first recommend you to download and try build 199, and if the problem still exists - please provide us with a sample excel file, and the resulting PDF so that we can check them here, and investigate why this is happening.

Best,
Stefan
Willerding
User

Post by Willerding »

Hi Stefan,

ok, because I had similar problems since months (but never reported it) I thougt updating from build 198 to 199 will not show a solution. But suprisingly I was wrong. Everything is fine now.

Thanks
Christian
Willerding
User

Post by Willerding »

Oh, I have an additional idea. I use PDF-XChange Pro. If I use the update function from the reader the update of pdf tools and of the printer driver has to be done separately. Maybe you could find a more comfortbable way?

Christian
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Willerding

I agree we can and will. :-) The next major release of the Drivers and Tools is planned be able to use 'Live Update' like the Viewer.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com