Problem printing from Excel to PDF

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jyri_leppanen
User

Problem printing from Excel to PDF

Post by jyri_leppanen »

Hi all. I'm a new user so hopefully this goes to correct place. I tried also search but couldn't find any messages about our problem.

Our company is using PDF XChange 4.0 build 187 at the moment. One user reported a problem about printing from Excel file into PDF. In this example Excel we have around 400 lines, each line defining what kind of a pile will be constructed in site. When printing the Excel into PDF sometimes some of the lines are missing. For example lines 124-133 could be missing. In 10 tries about half were wrong and half right.

With my computer I couldn't reproduce the problem at all. I tried different settings and same settings with test computer were the problems exists but couldn't find any help there. We were able to reproduce the problem with Windows 7 and Windows XP machine.

I also tried updating to the newest version (build 192), but it didn't help. Actually it seemed that it was even more common to get it wrong.

Any suggestions what to do?

Thanks!

- Jyri
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Problem printing from Excel to PDF

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jyri Leppanen,

You almost got the correct forum :) But no worries I will move this to the correct drivers one in a minute.

Could you please attach (as a .zip archive) the excel and the resulting files to this topic, or if sensitive send them to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic, and we will check and try to reproduce the issue.

Also if you could provide us with a .tmp file that would help us even more!

Best,
Stefan
jyri_leppanen
User

Post by jyri_leppanen »

It seems that updating to new Microsoft Office (from 2007 to 2010) has fixed the problem. Although the problem was hard to reproduce, so we aren't 100 % sure yet if that helped but I'll inform if problem still exists.

- Jyri
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks Jury,

We did follow this via e-mails indeed. It could have been a combination of the older office, and an older build of our own products.
We will certainly want to hear from you if the problem is reproducible with the latest build (193 as of yesterday).

Best,
Stefan