Bug: Resulting PDF does not allow text selection and text hightlighting

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

clsven
User

Bug: Resulting PDF does not allow text selection and text hightlighting

Post by clsven »

I installed the newest PDF XChange Lite Printer driver.

When I print web pages (from newest Chrome browser) then the resulting PDF file does NOT allow the selection or highlighting of text.

Sample web page:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/best-free-slide-presentation-maker-software-for-windows-pc

When I switch to PDFcreator PDF printer driver then I CAN select embedded text and highlight it in the resulting PDF.

Whats wrong?

Is this a bug?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bug: Resulting PDF does not allow text selection and text hightlighting

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello clsven,

This is usually caused by the way Chrome sends information to the printer:
Why can't I print PDF documents correctly from Google Chrome?
And I am actually surprized that the other tool can create the files correctly if you use that through the "Print" dialogue in Chrome!

The above KB article is a bit older and needs updating. The tool that is mentioned there is already present in Chrome - and using that:
image.png
I managed to convert your sample page to a PDF file with accessible text just fine. Please see attached PDF sample.

Kind regards,
Stefan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.