Auto append pages to the same file without interaction

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

impronta
User

Post by impronta »

Hello
I know that PDF -XChange Printer (Lite or Standard) has the append option, but I really can't get exactly how it works.
When you print multiple pages/docs you can select the same filename and check the append checkbox. Every single time you want to add a print.
Or, AFAIK, you can specify a fixed path and filename in printer preferences.

Unless I forgot something or I didn't get how it works exactly both of these ways are very uncomfortable: the 1st requires that you manually choose / click the same file for all the prints, the 2nd forces you to use a fixed path and filename that finally you have to rename and move.

Is there a way to select a desired path and filename at first print and then print and append every further page/doc to that file without having to click/select it every single time?

Other PDF print drivers like PDF Creator do exactly this: you start printing to an append queue choosing this option once, then print all the following pages/docs withouth any further interaction and when you decide you open the queue and merge all the files in a single one (eventually you can change the order). You choose the paht and filename once (at the end in this case).

I can't understand if I can do this (or similar) with the free PDF-XChange Lite Printer or with the paid / standard Printer. Or with the Tools, as well.

Could someone tell me something about it?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Auto append pages to the same file without interaction

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, impronta

You are correct that the current handling is a bit cumbersome compared to a print manager. To be entirely honest this is something we have offered in the past which was removed at some point during version 4 or 5. If I recall, this was due to some difficulties introduced by the operating system which could not be worked around at the time. As such we have created a ticket to bring these functions back into the software.

#4145: Feature Request :: Bring back PDFSaver in the driver options

While you cannot look this up directly yourself, you can certainly ask any member of our support team for an update on the progress of the ticket here.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
impronta
User

Post by impronta »

Hello Daniel
Thanks for the (quick) reply
PDF-XChange has an excellent set of products with plenty of features. Too bad for this lack, really hope that something better will come in future.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
pcargill
User

Post by pcargill »

Hi,
Did this ever get added? I am trying to find a print driver that can do this.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi pcargill,

thanks for asking this. The item is considered low priority I am afraid and has not been actioned.

Just a note that the ticket was incorrectly named, it has been changed to: #4145: Feature Request :: Bring back Job Management in the driver options

I do not expect this to become a priority any time soon I am afraid.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com