Some hyperlinks get corrupted when printing

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ANI
User

Some hyperlinks get corrupted when printing

Post by ANI » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Certain hyperlinks seem to get corrupted at least when a Microsoft Word document is converted to PDF/A-2u via the printer driver. The links in the original Word document work correctly.

The problem can be reproduced with PDF-XChange V8 as well as with 9.0 build 351.0. Please see attached examples of a corrupted hyperlink along with correctly working examples (A.pdf, B.pdf).

(Actually I have already sent e-mail to support about this problem in late January, but have not heard anything for almost three weeks despite asking for some feedback, so I thought to try this channel. I'm sorry if I'm too hasty here - I just remember the support having been very responsive in earlier times, and I got a bit worried if there are some problems in using that channel nowadays... I have already sent the corresponding .docx files to support; please check with Dimitar)
Attachments
B.pdf
(22.6 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
A.pdf
(39.67 KiB) Downloaded 3 times

Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Some hyperlinks get corrupted when printing

Post by Willy Van Nuffel » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi,

It seems like your hyperlink goes over three different lines.

When using the Link Edit tool (in PDF-XChange Editor), I can see that the hyperlink should be correct for the second and the third part of the hyperlink but not for the first part. I hope that Tracker Software Support can give you an explanation for this.

On the other part, when you have a license for the PDF-XChange Standard printer, you should also have the 'add-ins' available for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ... In case you have installed these add-ins, you should have additional tabs/ribbons in the Microsoft Applications, with the name "PDF-XChange". In these toolbars there is an icon: "Convert to PDF" and also another icon "Edit Settings".
By default the option for converting hyperlinks is ON. Can you please try "Convert to PDF" and verify if it is a worthful alternative ?

Kind regards.

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Hi ANI,

I do apologize for the poor response from the support email. We usually are pretty good at responding to these.

I looked and could not actually find any email from you current email address - so I have asked Dimitar to follow up on this since you appear to have already sent him the doc files.

sorry for the delay here.

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

ANI
User

Post by ANI » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:21 am

Please remove the e-mail address from the above post.

Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:26 am

Hello Ani,

Thank you for contacting us again.

It seems that I have missed your previous email message.

I asked again our developers for an update about your problem and once they respond I will contact you again.

The email address was removed.

I apologize for mentioning your email address in a public topic.

Regards.