pdvthn37.app missing?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK
Simple DLL and ActiveX

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jtdunn
User

pdvthn37.app missing?

Post by jtdunn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:59 am

I am looking for the pdvthn37.app mentioned in the PDF viewer documentation but cannot find it anywhere. I am also trying to use the MakePageShot method to create bitmap images of the pdf pages (to print on a clarion report - I know I can print the PDF itself but I need to be able to include a few pages from the PDF in a report with other information). It creates a .bmp image file but it is unreadable. The documentation does not show any examples of how to use this method.

Thanks,

John

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi John!

It sounds like you have an older version of the Viewer loaded.

Have you downloaded the latest version?

If you have, please check for the presence of pxcvwr37.inc and pxcvwr37.clw in 3rdparty\Libsrc, pxcvwr37.tpl in 3rdparty\Template, and pdfvab37.app and pdfvlg37.app in 3rdparty\Examples\TrackerSoftwareProducts\PdfVwr36.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

jtdunn
User

Post by jtdunn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:38 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have downloaded and installed the Feb 2nd release and see the files in the directories you mention. The documentation mentions the pdvthn37.app but I don't see it anywhere. Do any of the apps you mention create thumbnails and/or use the MakePageShot method? Do you have any examples that demonstrate the use of the the MakePageShot method?

Note: I am working with the Simple Viewer DLL, not the ActiveX control.

Thanks,

John

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Hi John!

See the attached files, especially pdvthn37.app.

The method you want is MakeThumbnail, setting the pw & ph parameters to 0. This will make a full-sized bitmap. imgFile is the name of the BMP file to store. We only have the ability to make BMP fils from the Simple DLL Viewer.
Attachments
PdfVwr37.rar
(32.07 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Craig Ransom

jtdunn
User

Post by jtdunn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Thanks, Craig!

jtdunn
User

Post by jtdunn » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:44 pm

Hi Craig,

I created the image files using the thumbnail option in pdvthn37.app and when I try to open the .bmp files created I get an error: drawing failed or invalid .bmp file.

John

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi John!

Please zip up a couple of tha "bad BMPs" and email them to me at craigr@tracker-software.com and I'll have them checked out.
Craig Ransom

jtdunn
User

Post by jtdunn » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks. I have sent you a zip file with several .bmp images generated from the pdvthn37.app.

John

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi John,

as per a message sent to you by Craig - looks like you need to uninstall - re-install as all is correct in the latest download - I downloaded here and installed in a clean folder and all was present and correct.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support