tps_lics.inc file - how to activate my license

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK
Simple DLL and ActiveX

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan

alanlschoolcraft
User

tps_lics.inc file - how to activate my license

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 am

Craig,

I purchased the PDF XChange Pro SDK bundle for Clarion. I received the serial number and developer number for the Viewer and the other set of numbers for the rest of the products.

First, it's a bit confusing because your website, emails and documentation all use different terminology for serial number, keycode, license key, developer code, etc. But, here's what I tried.

For the viewer license: I inserted the "Serial" number "Developer Code" I received in the confirmation email in the tps_lics.inc file here:

PXCVAX20_LicenseKey EQUATE('PVC20xxxxxxxxxxxxxx')
PXCVAX20_DevCode EQUATE('PDFXzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz')

Then I inserted the serial number and developer code I received in the confirmation email for the rest of the bundle in all of the remaining equates in tps_lics.inc.

I copied the file to my folder with all my includes and I included the tps_lics.inc into my project and compiled. The watermark is still there.

Next I copied the above changes into the original tps_lics.inc file in my ...\Clarion9\accessory\libsrc\win folder and compiled. Still no joy. The PDFs created with the SDK and the PDFs opened in the Viewer still have the watermarks.

I don't see any other instructions anywhere. What am I missing.

Alan

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: tps_lics.inc file - how to activate my license

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:02 am

Hi Alan!

Each of our products has a chm file associated with it: for PDF-Tools it's PdfTools41CW.chm. If the particular product or sub-product requires a license key then there will be a topic among the first few topics with TSP_LICS.INC in its name. That will list which keys you need to update or add to your TSP_LICS.INC.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:40 am

Caig,

The .chm had the same information as the .pdf documation. It says "Once you have purchased and receive your license codes - please add the license data as appropriate/instructed in your purchase confirmation email to this file to ensure unrestricted use of the product purchased."

There were no instructions with the purchase confirmation.

What needs to be done seems pretty straightforward but, I've tried everything I can think of.

Alan

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:57 am

Hi Alan!

Under the circumstances, I think you should gather up all your licensing codes received from SWREG or our support staff, zip up your tsp_lics.inc file, and send me an email with the codes and file.
Craig Ransom

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:18 am

Craig,

I sent the information you requested twice. Did you receive it?

Alan

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 am

Hello Alan,

Craig is experiencing some technical difficulties at the moment and might not access his e-mail for a bit, so can you please try to send the same license info to support@tracker-software.com and we should be able to assist.

Regards,
Stefan

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:05 pm

That is the address I used previously. I just sent it again.

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks Alan,

And I see we've already replied to you. Do let us know if you don't receive the e-mail replies.

Cheers,
Stefan

alanlschoolcraft
User

Post by alanlschoolcraft » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:53 pm

Stefan,

I made the change to my tsp_lics.inc file as tech support suggested. Still no joy.

The documentation, while generally very good, says very little about this licensing file. In a few short sentences it says to insert the serial number and developer id into the tsp_lics.inc file.

The documentation says nothing more about including the file into the project. So, my assumption is that I just need to insert the information into the file and then compile. Since that didn't work, I also tried moving tsp_lic.inc into my project folder and explicitly INCLUDing it into the app. That also doesn't work.

So, do leave the file in my Clarion9\accessory\libsrc\win folder or do I copy it into my project folder? Do I explicitly INCLUDE the file or does your template already INCLUDE it? I can keep experimenting but I'd at least like to eliminate those two questions.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Alan,

the file should be in your libsrc folder I believe - but as explained in my email to you - you have the wrong key itemised in your tsp_lics.inc folder - you have used the Drivers/PDF-Tools SDK Library functions key supplied rather than a current/valid Viewer Key which is always different as this is a Royalty based part of the set of tools we provide - each key allows you to distribute your applications to a prescribed number of users desktops before additional CDLP (client distribution license packs) are required and periodically we disable older keys from updates/upgrades to trigger a distribution statements from developers to establish whether a new key is required and this will be released to you provided your maintenance is in place/valid and also you have not exceeded your CDLP distribution allowance.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Hi Alan!

Please email me - do NOT post them here! - your license keys and current tsp_lics.inc file and let me take a look. :)

My email address is under the envelope icon to the right of this message.
Craig Ransom