Detect event in ActiveX control

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK
Simple DLL and ActiveX

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Parps
User

Detect event in ActiveX control

Post by Parps » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Craig,

I would like to close my PDF-viewer on the <Esc> key. This is working partially now, that is when a Clarion control has focus. But the ActiveX control has focus because the Clarion alerts don’t work. So as a workaround it might be possible to give the CloseDocument button of the ActiveX control also a shortcut on the <Esc>-key.

Is it possible to detect the event in the ActiveX control that a document is closed? And I if so is it possible to post a Clarion event?

Cheers,
Koen

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Re: Detect event in ActiveX control

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Koen!

In the past, catching Viewer ActiveX events has been very limited. The entire event managment for the Viewer ActiveX is supposed to be much more robust in version 3, but that's still sometime in the future, and I have NO estimated delivery date for it.

I'll have to pass this along to the ActiveX developers and see if any changes have been mad recently to improve the event handling in version 2.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Parps
User

Post by Parps » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:55 am

Hi Craig,

I catching the <ESC>-key will also be difficult in the actual version. I guess I have to wait for version 3.

Thanks,
Koen

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:52 am

Hi Koen!

:)
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com