Can't Create Printer Object

Raster-XChange SDK (all versions)
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Raster-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

71SoCal
User

Can't Create Printer Object

Post by 71SoCal » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Sorry for the cross-post, this is the section I wanted...

I just installed the Raster-XChange product.

When I generate a TIFF file as part of my standard printing routine, it works great.

When I try to generate a TIFF file as part of my standard print preview routine, it causes my code to go off into the weeds and crash. It appears that any attempt to create/initialize/touch the print driver object during this phase causes the application to crash. When I step through the driver creation code, the factory call works. On the next call to create the printer, I can't even get the call (or the raw call) to return. My code goes off into a call stack of painting operations that ends up crashing the app.

Normally I would suspect my print preview routine, but if I move the driver creation and initialization code to my mfc application class (it was previously in a statically linked dll), everything works correctly. Just the fact that I moved where the driver code runs makes the difference. I'm initializing exactly like the tracker sample code does.

Has anyone seen a problem like this? Any help would be appreciated.

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Can't Create Printer Object

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com