Creating new drivers???

Raster-XChange SDK (all versions)
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Raster-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only).

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

71SoCal
User

Creating new drivers???

Post by 71SoCal » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 pm

I've noticed that I'm adding Raster-XChange printers to my drivers list. When I initially install Raster-XChange, it adds the driver with that name. I just checked my printer list, and now I've got the original driver: Raster-XChange, but I've also got $Raster-XChange and $Raster-XChange(1).

Are printer drivers temporarily created, then deleted when printing from an application? My application seems to be "hanging" when those drivers are there.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Creating new drivers???

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 am

Yes. When you access (instantiate) RXC::Printer object, a temporary printer is created. This is done to prevent conflicts when several applications use Raster-XChange simultaneously - every app deals with its own printer.
Temp printer names have $Raster-XChange(<number>) pattern.
Normally temp printer is deleted when you release the corresponding printer object.
If your application does not release instantiated RXC::Printer object (due to an error in the code or abnormal termination), then the corresponding temp printer will dangle in the printer list for about 6 minutes (until Raster-XChange COM server detects your app is gone).
Dangling temp printers are also purged on computer restart.
Tracker Software Products

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format