Time Out for RasterXChange

Raster-XChange SDK (all versions)
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Raster-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only).

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Randw
User

Time Out for RasterXChange

Post by Randw » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:19 pm

Hi,

I "printed" a Word document using the RasterXChange printer, through the SDK, and it threw an exception, indicating it had timed out. I do not see any parameter or property to set or control a timeout. Please clarify.

Thanks,
- Rand

P.S. What is the value for DMPAPER_LETTER? - that's not in your help file, I did not see the enums for that in Visual Studio's Object Browser.

P.S. I am also having trouble with the RasterXChange printer staying installed... any hints on that, or should I start another topic?

Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Time Out for RasterXChange

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Hi.
I "printed" a Word document using the RasterXChange printer, through the SDK, and it threw an exception, indicating it had timed out. I do not see any parameter or property to set or control a timeout. Please clarify.
If you get this exception from PrintDocument method it means that the printing application for your document is starting too long or has some problems. Currently the timeout is hardcoded to 5 seconds. In the next release you will have an opportunity to control the timeout programmatically.
What is the value for DMPAPER_LETTER? - that's not in your help file, I did not see the enums for that in Visual Studio's Object Browser.
Please read the documentation on on IDevmode::PaperForm in the Raster-XChange SDK help file.
This constant (along with other paper form identifiers) is defined in Windows Platform SDK.
In the next release it will be possible to view paper forms identifiers in the Object Browser.
Tracker Software Products

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format