Problems with TerminalServer

Raster-XChange SDK (all versions)
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Raster-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

sunseeker
User

Problems with TerminalServer

Post by sunseeker » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 am

I want use the RasterXChange in TerminalServer-Mode. The problem is, that each conected Terminal-Session create an new ePrinter. In this case, i get with 10 users 10 times a ePrinter named FaxPrinter1, FaxPrinter2, FaxPrinter3, and so on...

If possible, i need fast a soulution that RasterXChange creates only one ePrinter in win2003 from the first User who start the ePrinterConnection and use that ePrinter for all other users too. But... every User should get his own events!!

Greetings form cold germany
Heiko
Never change a running system!

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 am

Hi Heiko,

This cannot be changed I am afraid - its the way the product is designed - specifically to ensure that as each user prints from your application - any settings altered are preserved and unique to each print job your applications send to Raster-XChange.

This takes place not only in multisession app but everytime when several instances of your application run - each instance uses his own printer.

The reason for this design is avoidance of settings and print events interference between each print sessions.

Moreover the SDK printer created for your application is intended to be used only by that application but not by his users directly.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

sunseeker
User

Post by sunseeker » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 am

Hi John,

that´s really stupid! I have for example a MedicalCenter who use about 30 ClientSesssions at the same time. Iam absolutly sure, that they don´t accept 30 printers during work alone from my application. Also they have 5 own printers. So... if a user want to print over the eprinter, he must select the right one from 35 printers. If he take the wrong one, any other user get windows in his session!
This is a no acceptable system for TerminalServer´s!!

Soulution? Or say Roman he should direct contact me over ICQ to solve this -> MyICQ 309698128

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:59 am

Heiko,

You misunderatnd - I think - this is all totally invisible and happening in the back ground - why does anyone have to pick anything - you simply direct the output to Raster-XChange and internally it creates and manages the print job - a user does not have to manually select from 35 printers - just one - Raster-XChange.

Or maybe I am missing the point and you and Roman organised something different specifcially for you - I will ask him to review and post here.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:20 pm

Hi Heiko,

The main reason we decided to create a separate (virtual) printer for each printing session is an attempt to eliminate cases when several applications deal with the same printer and therefore the settings applied could become corrupted by another jobs settings.

As you possibly know, the settings you pass through RXC COM interfaces apply to the printer as its defaults. As there can be only a single set of defaults for each printer (actually any printer object in Windows is really no more than a settings carrier) there can be a mutual interference between different print sessions on the same printer.

Of course we could make some kind of default settings virtualization but it would be a much more complex design and possibly unstable too.

Please remember that our SDK printer is treated only as a TEMPORARY printer - its lifetime is limited by a single print session(job) or at least several jobs.

If you want to avoid bunches of printer instances your application should not retain its printer instance after the job is done.

The SDK printer is NOT intended to be used as a permanent printer for end-users.

HTH
Tracker Software Products

Please ZIP any files uploaded to this forum or they will not be posted !
You may also use a RAR or 7Z archive format

sunseeker
User

Post by sunseeker » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:15 am

Hi Roman, hi John.

I have an idea. Can you design the SDK-Printer for redistribute only for developers? In this case, you can create individual functions for Developers without change the enduser driver. If you do this....*smile*....you can make a new function for TM-Servers.

Function UseOnlyOnePrinter(HashCode as String) as String
- If i call this function and the HashCode is empty the RasterEngine create an new printer. The Function returns in this case a HashCode, which identify the new created printer.
- If i start a second session, i send in the second session the HashCode recived from the first Session. Now, the second session connect to the existing printer. In this case, the second session use all the values from the first session.

If a printer has multible connections, the created raster-file get everytime a unique stored file. This stored file transmit you over the events OnEndDoc, OnPageEnd....

It´s only an idea!

Greetings
Heiko