Error during SDK-Installation

Raster-XChange SDK (all versions)
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's Raster-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only).

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

sunseeker
User

Error during SDK-Installation

Post by sunseeker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 pm

I get the error "Error while loading rxcdrv.dll - Cant find the modul". This comes when i start the following commandline.

RXC.exe /VERYSILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS="Engine,Raster-XChange driver" /DIR="C:\Programme\Archilino\ePrinter" /UserName:"Archilino" /Organization:"Archilino Software Developement GmbH" /UserEmail:"kontakt@archilino.de" /GROUP="Archilino\ePrinter" /NOICONS /L

With the RXC.exe, it works. But i want redistribute the RXC_SDK.exe because this Setup dont create a ePrinter during installation. The ePrintes only create by my application.

Using: Built 46
Tested under XP, 2000, Vista64

Greetings
Heiko

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 pm

Hi Heiko,

Please see the Raster-X help:
RasterXChange
---
/COMPONENTS= (Optional)
If this switch is specified only those components actually listed will be installed, otherwise all components are installed. The available components are:
- Engine (Always Required)
- Raster-XChange driver (Always Required)
---
must be
- RasterXChangedriver (Always Required)

also - there is an error in the command line:
/COMPONENTS="Engine,Raster-XChange driver"
should be replaced with
/COMPONENTS="Engine,RasterXChangedriver"
i.e. without space.

Finally - you are allowd to distribute the Driver only - not the full SDK.

HTH
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

sunseeker
User

Post by sunseeker » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:10 pm

Your soulution dont fix the problem. I have already the error message. If you built your enduser setup same as the sdk-setup, i will use the enduser version.
Spezial: I, and i think other developers, need to redistribute the Printer-Driver without creation of a printer. The printer will be created by my own code in my programm if it starts. Thats what i need and thats the very best way for the SDK. So... add a commandline - Parameter /CreatePrinter:Yes/No

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:37 am

Hi,

Sorry - but the install must create the printer - Raster-Xchange is a print driver and without actually creating the printer - what is the point of the installation ???
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support

sunseeker
User

Post by sunseeker » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:04 am

Test the SDK! It installs only the Engine! The Printer will created in runtime with my application. Understand?

There is a very different usage between Enduser and SDK-Developer! The enduser needs to create a ePrinter named "Raster XChange". The Developer needs not to create a ePrinter!! If the enduser start my Application, !! I create the ePrinter !! with my sourcecode. I give them the name "Archilino Printer". I give them the parameters i want. I had some sessions with Roman and the special create the sdk so, that no ePrinter installed during the Setup-Runtime.

I wrote also a German translation for Roman, found several Bugs with him and help where i can.
Alwasy if i had a mistake or Bug, he get a RemoteControl to my Computer so he can solve on the best way the problems!

Have written you a PM because im interested in OCR-Beta-Testing. Maybe, we can trade the ICQ-Numbers. The Soulutins-finding over ICQ is very much faster!!

Greetings
Heiko

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 pm

Hi Roman is available via ICQ - provided you arrange with prior notification please - please send an email to upgrades@tracker-software.com and we will provide his ICQ number.

In the meantime - a new build hopefully resolving the problems is available from :

http://www.tracker-software.com/RXC_SDK.zip

Please advise if this helps

Best regards
Tracker Support

sunseeker
User

Post by sunseeker » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:17 am

Problem Fixed. Great Support from Roman! Is it allowed to redistribute the rxc_sdk.exe without installing the examples on the destination computer? Only install the engine.
Never change a running system!

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:12 pm

I am still confused as to why you would want to distribute the full SDK to your end users - and strictly speaking your should NOT be distributiing this file :

rxc_sdk.exe

You should only distribute the file : RXC.exe

If some changes are needed for distribution purposes - then they should be made to this file - not : rxc_sdk.exe

I do hope also that you are not exposing your license info in any way which could compromise the distribution by allowing unlicensed 3rd parties access to.

I am not trying to be difficult - I am just concerned that you may inadvertently be doing something that will cause problems later with regards your licensing.

Best regards
Tracker Support