Date Stamps?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

Date Stamps?

Post by jeffp »

In the Viewer AX, is there the ability to add a Date Stamp? The custom stamping is working great, but we need the ability to stamp a PDF page with the current date.

If this is not something that is currently there, is it coming soon?

Thanks.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Date Stamps?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi jeffp,

While you can not create dynamic stamps (yet) using only our tools you can import dynamic stamps from e.g. Adobe - and there are such dynamic ones for date / time as far as I am aware.

Best,
Stefan
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

1. Are you planning on adding dynamic stamps in a future release?

2. Is there a way to add a custom stamp to a user's machine without going through the UI. That is, can I in someway add it directly to the PDF file you use to store the stamps in?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

1) Yes there are such plans for ver 3 - but whether it will be in the initial releases I cannot say now.

2) You can add complete custom stamps collections. Just copy the collection in the
C:\Documents and Settings\<<username>>\Application Data\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Viewer\2.0\Stamps\ Folder

Best,
Stefan
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

As to importing a custom date time stamp from Adobe, do you know where the Adobe directory is located where their stamps are placed.

I'm assuming that I just navigate out to some folder via your stamp palatte interface and select the appropriate Adobe stamp. Is this correct?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Ho jeffp,

No idea where those stamps are in Adobe as I am using only the free Reader here for testing.
As for our Viewer - it needs to have the stamps copied in it's stamps folder - so you need to copy the Adobe stamps in there and they will be listed automatically.

Best,
Stefan
ugradedeveloper
User

Post by ugradedeveloper »

jeffp wrote:As to importing a custom date time stamp from Adobe, do you know where the Adobe directory is located where their stamps are placed.
In my installation the folder is:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annotations\Stamps
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Many thanks Upgrade ... ;)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com