Create Highlight type of Line

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rmcmanamy
User

Create Highlight type of Line

Post by rmcmanamy »

The highlight text uses a true highlight where yellow is pure yellow and all objects below it show through even with the Opacity set to 100%. Black still shows through as black so I'm guessing it's using a multiply transparency.

Lines and other objects though look to use No transparency along with the Opacity value. So yellow at 80% Opacity over black shows the black as gray now.

Is there anyway to set the transparency on lines and stuff also or would we have to look at using JavaScript to modify the annotations afterwards?

Is this something that can be added into the next release as it would be very helpful to say the least.
Rodney McManamy
CADzation
AutoCAD to PDF and DWF Solutions
rmcmanamy@cadzation.com
http://www.cadzation.com
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Re: Create Highlight type of Line

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hi Rodney,

Using the Ax methods you can change commenting tools styles (before adding an annotation to a PDF), but if you want to change existing annotations within a PDF document you should use JS for this.

HTH
rmcmanamy
User

Post by rmcmanamy »

Thanks but there is nothing that I see for changing the transparency type (Blend Mode)for the AX methods. I thought maybe we could pass an RGBA value instead of RGB for the FColor and SColor but that doesn't seam to do it either. I'm also not 100% sure if the line comments even allow this but from the spec it looks like one could add a it to the Appearance Dictionary.

In looking at the difference between the highlight and the line the Highlight does have a Multiply ExtState in the Appearance Dictionary where the line doesn't. So I would think Adobe would recognize it if it was in there for the line object also.
Rodney McManamy
CADzation
rmcmanamy@cadzation.com
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Well, you can change the "Opacity" property for commenting tools styles - that’s all for now.
rmcmanamy
User

Post by rmcmanamy »

It would be great if they could allow one in the short term to say maybe pass in a negative RGB value or something to enable the Multiple Blend Mode to be used on all annotation objects besides just the Highlight one.

I realize that Adobe doesn't have his in their dialogs either but it would be very helpful for us to be able to use a true highlight color with Multiply Blend Mode like the Highlight Text Tool does .

Thanks again.
Rodney McManamy
CADzation
rmcmanamy@cadzation.com