Line command takes over mouse events for entire form

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rmcmanamy
User

Line command takes over mouse events for entire form

Post by rmcmanamy »

In testing the VB6 sample (as well as the C Sharp) it seams like when you issue annotation commands like line or cloud that the control takes over the mouse events for the entire form. In other words if the command is still active and I move to an area outside the control (say the Apply checkbox in the upper left)and you want to click a button on our form it instead ends the line with an endpoint off the visible area of the Viewer control. Are there any plans in the near future to change this so the command stays active until the user clicks inside of the control and so the other controls on our form can still work?

Thanks,
Rodney
Rodney McManamy
CADzation
AutoCAD to PDF and DWF Solutions
rmcmanamy@cadzation.com
http://www.cadzation.com
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Re: Line command takes over mouse events for entire form

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Actually this is normal behavior for Viewer AX and this cannot be changed.
rmcmanamy
User

Post by rmcmanamy »

Thanks but are we sure it cannot be changed? There are several problems with this from the end users standpoint, from a programmers standpoint, and even from standard Windows functionality.

1.) You can't even use the Windows Close button to close the form in this case.
2.) Mouse Notifications are not returned when the user clicks outside of the control area meaning we don't know what is going on in this case.
3.) I've worked with multiple ActiveX controls over the years and I've never seen one that I can remember that retains mouse control when the user moves outside of the control's area.

I'm sure I can hook into it at the low level to issue an escape key or something but again even from the end users perspective in the normal view it's strange to have a command finish (instead of cancel) when you click on a menu item or click off the work area.
Rodney McManamy
CADzation
AutoCAD to PDF and DWF Solutions
rmcmanamy@cadzation.com
http://www.cadzation.com
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Actually when AX or any other software takes full control under mouse events is normal behaviour for Windows. You can see this in MS Word (when you drawing “curve” you cannot use any other toolbar buttons or even window close button).