Some low-priority questions

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Dorwol
User

Some low-priority questions

Post by Dorwol »

Hello Tracker-Team,

First a important question for me:

It is possible to change a free zoom-level by user. That's good.
But how can I detect, which zoom-level is actualy used?
As event I only get the information that zooming was changed, but without percent-value.

-----------------
Now please allow me some low-priority questions:

- Is is possible to get/set the x/y-position of the scrollbars?

- Is it possible to Read the actualy Bookmarks-List by code and jumping to bookmarks from this list by code?

- It is possible to scan directly to a new pdf. But it is also possible to export this scanned picture only? Alternatively is it possible to scan directly to the clipboard or as picture?

- Is it possible to disable selecting a comment by user? - and/or disable Doubleclick on comments? Because I want comments only for yellow highlighting and don't want allow editing comment-text by the user. Alternatively can I highlight only (not as comment) a selected text by code? What I still want is emphasis the hits of a search-result in yellow-color, like this: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... =36&t=5002

---
BTW: If I show "Document properties" and click on "Additional Metadata", this dialog-form is still in english and not in my favorit language.

THANK YOU!
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Re: Some low-priority questions

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

But how can I detect, which zoom-level is actualy used?

Code: Select all

Call CoPDFXCview1.GetDocumentProperty(nActiveDocID, "Pages.Zoom", vDataOut, PXCVA_Flags.PXCVA_GetNamed)
ZoomLevel = vDataOut
Is is possible to get/set the x/y-position of the scrollbars?
Not possible in current realization..
Is it possible to Read the actualy Bookmarks-List by code and jumping to bookmarks from this list by code?
You can try to use JavaScript for this purposes. Please look at the "Acrobat JavaScript Object Specification" for more information.
Alternatively can I highlight only (not as comment) a selected text by code?
Well, if you want to save highlights to the document, then only way to do this is to use commenting.
For now it's not supported to highlight text by specific colour without using comments. But we are planning to add such feature in future.
But it is also possible to export this scanned picture only? Alternatively is it possible to scan directly to the clipboard or as picture?
Not from Viewer ActiveX. For this purposes you can use other dev tools like PDFXChange Tools SDK.
If I show "Document properties" and click on "Additional Metadata", this dialog-form is still in english and not in my favorit language.
Look like some problem in localization files. Please, let us know what language in PDF Viewer you are using.
Dorwol
User

Post by Dorwol »

Corwin, thank you for zoom-detecting-property-sample. It was exactly, what I'm looking for!
For now it's not supported to highlight text by specific colour without using comments. But we are planning to add such feature in future.
Do you think this will be added before Q4 this year?

Code: Select all

Look like some problem in localization files. Please, let us know what language in PDF Viewer you are using.
I use german.

have a nice weekend!
Podhorny
User

Post by Podhorny »

... to Metadata window: this window is not available for translation in LangTool, so it can't be translated to any other language.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Dorwol wrote:Do you think this will be added before Q4 this year?
Well, I hope it will be a little sooner :)
Dorwol
User

Post by Dorwol »

There is another part still in english. If you use Layoutstyle "Single", the scrollbar-tooltip is english.

I mean the Word "of" >>> the german translation word is "von"
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

This bug will be fixed in the next build.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.