Lifecycle of older versions v6,v7?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jexen
User

Lifecycle of older versions v6,v7?

Post by jexen »

I use a business-application which has embedded PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-Printer.
Even the newest versions of this business-application bundle version 6.0.322.7 of PDF-XChange Viewer and PDF-Printer.

The version 6.0.322.7 seems to be the last v6 build from 2017. In terms of security and compatibility fixes, this looks like EOL.
Isn't there a development contract to prevent bundling such old components into shipped applications in 2020?
Or are fixes back ported for v6?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Lifecycle of older versions v6,v7?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, jexen

This is left at the discretion of the Developer of your custom application as we have no control of the development process that our SDK license holders choose to use. If they choose not to update, they and all their clients are missing out on features and fixes like this. We unfortunately cannot offer full support for those using custom applications due to the changes that a developer could make with our SDK products, you will need to contact them for assistance in this case.

We do not apply patches to previous versions for any of our products, only the latest version will receive those fixes. If you would like to have the latest version with the latest security fixes, you will need to ask that developer to update their application to use our new versions.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jexen
User

Post by jexen »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm We do not apply patches to previous versions for any of our products, only the latest version will receive those fixes. If you would like to have the latest version with the latest security fixes, you will need to ask that developer to update their application to use our new versions.
Hello Daniel,

thanks for your quick response. The information I needed was that EOL means EOL for SDKs as well. I only see the old stuff inside my applications and wanted to know of fixes are backported. As I expected that isn't case, but I wanted to be sure before contacting the application developers. I fully understand that it is not the job of Tracker-Software to support Endusers of developers.

Is there a KB or known issues (OS/Security) around 6.0.322.7? 2017 till today is a long time.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, jexen

Unfortunately not, we do have our build history available here, which lists the security fixes that have been implemented and which build that happened in. You can assume that any security items that have been fixed after that build may possibly be issues present in the build you are running.

[Edit: Yes, I did intend to send the End User build history in my link there. The SDK products also benefit from the same changes as are present in this list, and in the same builds]

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com