Problem with registering PDFCviewAX.dll

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kenknight
User

Problem with registering PDFCviewAX.dll

Post by kenknight »

Hi all,

We recently (starting last week) have started receiving calls that the pdf viewer component of our product is erroring out. This appears to be happening regardless of the version of our product they are trying to install which means that some of these installers have not been touched in a year or more. This tells me that possibly some update that has come down from Microsoft is causing the issue.

We've tried:
pdfxcview.exe /regserver

We also:
Pulled the latest exe / dll from our local box over to the client box to see if that had any impact. None.

tried regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\pdfxcvewax.dll

That says it succeeds, but when we try to print it comes back with an error referencing that the setDevInfo call is failing. We've verified serial and key and all is correct.

Thanks for suggestions,
Ken
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Problem with registering PDFCviewAX.dll

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Ken,

Can I suggest as a first step you try our installer and just see if that installs correctly ?

www.tracker-software.com/PDFXV_dev.zip
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Problem with registering PDFCviewAX.dll

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Ken.
when we try to print it comes back with an error referencing that the setDevInfo call is failing
I guess it occurred because the registering COM-server from pdfxcview.exe wasn't successful. I mean the launching of:

pdfxcview.exe /regserver

- was failed. Possible reason of it - you haven't enough rights on the target machine to do that - admin rights are required to register ActiveX correctly.
Check it by:
1. launch the cmd-console as Administrator
2. run pdfxcview.exe /regserver inside it

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.