How to distribute program developed using PDF Viewer SDK

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter5555
User

How to distribute program developed using PDF Viewer SDK

Post by Peter5555 »

I wrote a VB.Net 2012 program using PDF Viewer SDK to print PDF file directly to printer without previewing it. The program runs OK on my developer PC (Win 7 Ultimate x64). However, when I ran the program on a test server (Win 2012 and Win 2008 R2) or a client (Win 7 Pro x64), it either crashed or not started at all. I just put the following 3 files with main EXE in the same folder

Pxcview.dll
AxInterop.PDFXCviewAxLib.dll
Interop.PDFXCviewAxLib.dll

What is the proper procedure and what files are needed to distribute PDF Viewer SDK components?

Thanks
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to distribute program developed using PDF Viewer SDK

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Peter,

Are you using the simple DLL sdk or the AX one?
If using the simple DLL SDK - as per the help file for it:
The PDF-XChange Viewer simple dll SDK depends only on the pxcview.dll, and is not reliant on any other PDF-XChange/Tools Image-XChange SDK components. However, please note, The PDF-XChange Viewer takes advantage of the Microsoft© GDI+ for vector printing and it is required to have installed it on the OS where it is not installed by default (all Windows prior to Windows XP). The PDF-XChange Viewer is available for Windows 2000 and later only - earlier versions of Windows are not supported.

And if you are using the Viewer AX -
To redistribute your own application to your end users, the following components should be included in
your installation and you must also register the components as outlined below:
PDFXCview.exe
PDFXCviewAx.dll
Resource.dat

For the Viewer AX - there are 32 and 64 bit versions of the dll - so make sure you are including the correct one for the OS on which you are trying to deploy it. The attached two pages are from the Viewer AX SDK manual for it's distribution and registration.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
Pages from PDFV_AX.pdf
(305.12 KiB) Downloaded 219 times