Strange behaviours with form fields

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

prosozial_schmitt
User

Strange behaviours with form fields

Post by prosozial_schmitt »

Hello,

we have to fill form-fields in pdf documents. In my prototype I'm using a JavaScript to get the list of fields of the pdf and set the value of the field depending on it's type.
I'm using the current PdfXChange Viewer SDK v2.5.0313.0001 and your demo "JavaScript" application.

There are some strange behaviours with various pds documents. These documents, screenshots and the script are attached in a zip.

Pdf_01.pdf
After running the script textfields and checkboxes are filled in the whole pdf.
=> ok
See Screenshots Pdf_01_*

Pdf_02.pdf
After running the script textfields and checkboxes seemed to be not filled. But after clicking in some textfields you can see that they have values set.
Im shure, that even some checkboxes are "checked", because on the second run the values in output are "checked = true". But other checkboxes are not checked.
There seems to be an update-problem in the gui?
=> not ok
See Screenshots Pdf_02_*

What's going wrong? How can I change my script to get a reliable result?

What is the correct way to check or uncheck all checkboxes?
How can I avoid the refesh-problem?

Greetings
Hans-Peter
Attachments
Attachments_2.zip
sample pdfs
(787.31 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Attachments_1.zip
screenshots and script
(791.83 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Strange behaviours with form fields

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hi prosozial_schmitt,

We've tried reproducing the problem and it seems that the PDF-XChange Editor does what you need almost perfectly. The thing is that the PDF-XChange Viewer is a deprecated product and will not receive new updates or fixes (aside of the critical ones). So it would be better to move to our new Core SDK or Editor SDK depending on what you need. For price check on the transfer from your current Viewer SDK version to the Editor SDK or Core SDK do mail support@pdf-xchange.com.

HTH
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
prosozial_schmitt
User

Post by prosozial_schmitt »

Hello Sasha,

are you kidding me?

We are customer for a long time and have an active maintenance for "PDF-XChange PRO SDK" - which includes "PDF-XChange Viewer PRO SDK". (from your feature desciption: "Since the PDF-XChange PRO SDK is a bundle and contains ALL the functionality of all our PDF related SDK's bundled together. ... Includes limited distribution license for PDF-XChange Viewer PRO SDK (7,500 CDLP)"). Against your feature list it is not including "PDF-XChange Editor SDK" - yes...

Do you really advice us to terminate our maintenance because you will not maintain essential parts of your current selling "PDF-XChange PRO SDK"?

Greetings
Hans-Peter
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Hans-Peter,

At the time you purchased the Pro SDK it was indeed including all our SDK packages. However given the time and effort we have invested in the Editor SDK - it is no longer feasible for us to provide it in the Pro SDK bundle (or the said bundle should cost 3-4 times more).
The Viewer (and it's SDK) has reached it's end of life, and will no longer be developed. I can understand your frustration with this fact, but we had to move on to the Editor and the new technologies it is using.
As part of your existing Pro SDK maintenance - you are entitled to use the new Core API SDK, but not the Editor one and if you want to use the Editor I am afraid that you will need to purchase it separately.

Regards,
Stefan