PDF form is always marked as modified after open

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

KarlTH
User

PDF form is always marked as modified after open

Post by KarlTH »

Hi Tracker-Support,

I have a strange problem, if I open PDF forms (PDF with formfields) the PDF document property "Modified" immediately is TRUE although I have not changed anything. At normal PDFs the PDF document property "Modified" is always FALSE after open but at PDF forms it is always TRUE.

This is how I detect if the PDF has been modified after open:

Code: Select all

PDFXCViewer.GetProperty("Documents[#" + CurrentPDocID.ToString + "].Modified", _oDataOut)
Is this normal that a PDF form is always marked as modified after open? If yes, it would help me if I can differ between a normal PDF or a PDF form. I have not found anything in the SDK documentation for differing between a normal PDF or a PDF form neither to check if the PDF has formfields.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Karl
Attachments
Reisekostenabrechnung.pdf
PDF form with form fields
(405.35 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: PDF form is always marked as modified after open

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Karl.

It occurs because this document contains form-fields that are related to widgets(visual representation of form-field) BUT the pages do not contain such widgets. In this case the viewer must fix the document structure and consequently modifies the document - if such inconsistencies did not exist - this would not happen.

In the next build we will add an 'accommodation' to workaround that.

Currently you may use this workaround:
PDFXCViewer.SetProperty("Documents[#" + CurrentPDocID.ToString + "].Modified", false);

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
KarlTH
User

Post by KarlTH »

Hello Vasyl,

thank you for help! I was afraid you would confirm that a PDF form is always marked as modified. :(
But it is good to hear you will fix this problem in the next build. In the meantime I can live with the workaround! :wink:

Thank you!

Karl
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Karl,

Glad to hear the workaround is acceptable for now!

Regards,
Stefan