Licenses and deployment  SOLVED

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Max SAG
User

Licenses and deployment

Post by Max SAG »

Hi,

As I wrote in a previous thread, I've tested the PDF-XChange Viewer Simple DLL SDK for a WPF application.

It works fine and our company is about to buy licenses to use it in our applications (maybe some of the following questions should be sent to sales@pdf-xchange.com). We still have some interogations about the licenses to choose and the deployment of the SDK. We just need the Viewer Simple DLL SDK's features (like PXCV_Init, PXCV_Delete, PXCV_ReadDocumentW, PXCV_GetPageDimensions, PXCV_DrawPageToDIBSection, etc), all included in the pxcview.dll.

Firstly, I read that the Viewer Simple DLL SDK is also included in the PDF Tools SDK, which is cheaper but have more features. Does the price difference comes from the Client Distribution Licenses Included (25,000 vs 2,500)?

Secondly, we use ClickOnce for our deployments, all we'll have to do will be to include the pxcview.dll in our application, so it can be in the same folder as the executable on the end user computer, right?

Finally, we are several developers to work on the application which will use the SDK, but only a few of them will work with the SDK. We can't afford to buy licenses for developers who will not work with it. Will the SDK work on their computer without license, if they want to launch the application for debug purposes?

Regards,

Max
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Licenses and deployment

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi Max,

Your observations in Questions 1 and 2 are correct and only developer's actually working on code using our functions must be licensed - developers working on your product - but not functions that relate to our product need not - and additional developer's will attract a discounted license if required.

For more info specifically/detailed - sales@ is a good place to send them

Cheers
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Max SAG
User

Post by Max SAG »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. I got more details about the licenses with sales@pdf-xchange.com.

Best regards,

Max
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)