Viewer closes when cursor in edit mode & toolbar rotate

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

dt_qa
User

Viewer closes when cursor in edit mode & toolbar rotate

Post by dt_qa »

When loading a form into the viewer, setting cursor into form field and selecting the toolbar rotate button, the viewer will close. (Note, the preview panel must be open.)
Attached zip file includes a multiple page form and viewer jpg after error encountered.

Steps:
1. Load enclosed form into viewer
2. Set cursor into one of the form fields that are editable (right column)
3. Select the rotate button from the toolbar.
Note: May need to repeat steps 2 & 3 several times.

Thanks.
Attachments
Viewer error upon rotate.7z
(120.55 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Viewer closes when cursor in edit mode & toolbar rotate

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi dt_qa.

I couldn't reproduce any problem with that. Please details:
1. Can you reproduce it with our end-user PDF-Viewer?
2. Issue is document-depended or not?
3. Do you using the 'Rotate View CCW'/'Rotate View CW' commands or 'Rotate Selected Pages 90'/'Rotate Selected Pages 180'/'Rotate Selected Pages 270'
4. Do you using x86 of x64 SDK and what is your operation system?
5. Maybe there is unknown collision with COM-events procession. If you overrides OnEvent routine - can you turn off it temporarily to be sure that is not reason of problem?
6. Can you provide simple example app. for reproducing the issue?

Thanks.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
dt_qa
User

Post by dt_qa »

***I noticed in the steps for the original posting that the poster did not enter a step to add text to form before rotating.

I am still able to repro on our version PDFViewer 2.5.201. I have downloaded your 2.5.312 and attempted to repro and can not repro due to a dialog that is presented.

I have attempted to rotate with the CCW and the CW. Also attempted the hot keys (Ctrl+Shift+R) which produces a dialog.

So to answer the questions that you listed:
I couldn't reproduce any problem with that. Please details:

1. Can you reproduce it with our end-user PDF-Viewer? No due to dialog I think

2. Issue is document-depended or not? No but does require a form.

3. Do you using the 'Rotate View CCW'/'Rotate View CW' commands or 'Rotate Selected Pages 90'/'Rotate Selected Pages 180'/'Rotate Selected Pages 270' I have attempted to rotate with the CCW and the CW. Also attempted the hot keys (Ctrl+Shift+R) which produces a dialog. It does not appear to matter which key I use of the rotates.

4. Do you using x86 of x64 SDK and what is your operation system? OS is 2012 for my testing but we have all kinds that are having this issue and it does not appear to be OS or 86/64 dependent.

5. Maybe there is unknown collision with COM-events procession. If you overrides OnEvent routine - can you turn off it temporarily to be sure that is not reason of problem? This not something I can do.

6. Can you provide simple example app. for reproducing the issue? This not something we can or will do.

Hope all of this helps..
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

well as we cannot get any feedback that moves this forward and helps us to identify the cause of the issue - unless you can provide a simple sample app as requested (perhaps using our demo app's provided) - regrettably this is not something we will be able to progress without meaningful help from you to help recreate the issue here.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com