How to add Custom MetaData / Properties

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

How to add Custom MetaData / Properties

Post by jeffp »

I have a customer that would like to add some custom meta data fields to the PDF file.

Essentially, they want to go beyond the standard Title, Author, Subject, and Keywords fields and add some like Status, Deparment, etc.

Is this possible? Or do the just have to add all these say as name value pairs in the Keywords field.

I see in Adobe there is a "Custom" tab under document properties that looks to allow something like this.

Thanks in advance.

--Jeff
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: How to add Custom MetaData / Properties

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jeff,

I am not sure if that is at all possible, but I've forwarded this to a colleague from the dev team (Vasyl) that should be able to help, and we will post back here when we have some further news.

Regards,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Jeff.

It is impossible currently with Viewer ActiveX SDK but I can suggest one other way - for get/set custom values you may use our different PDF-Tools SDK API:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/DEV/de ... entinfoexw
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/DEV/de ... entinfoexw

With new Editor SDK you will be able to do it as well..

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Can you point me to where I can learn how to add custom meta data in the latest PDF Editor SDK.

--Jeff
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jeff,

I asked a colleague from this office for help with the latest enquiry, but it turns out we will need the advise of a colleague in the Canadian office as well! I've now passed your request to the correct person, and we will post again here as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

In the Editor SDK/Core API you can work with XMP using interface IPXC_XMPMetadata. This interface provides only basic features to get/set XMP properties. For advanced handling, you have to get XMP metadata stream using GetXMP method, work with it using XMP SDK (for example, Adobe XMP Toolkip), and set it back, if necessary, using SetXMP.

Having a document (IPXC_Document), you can get its metadata using IPXC_Document::GetXMPMetadata method.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

I see the calls but I was looking for a simple example. Would that be possible?

I have a cases where I want to add a few receipt items to the XMP like

SubTotal
Tax
Total

Thanks.

--Jeff