change user language to Spanish

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MartinCS
User

change user language to Spanish

Post by MartinCS »

Hello,

I've read the 'PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK' and if I understood it right the ActiveX component supports additional languages through the property 'International.LocaleID' using the "<FolderOfExeModule>\Languages\" option. Here I also found a translation file for Spanish.

I'm setting the language UI using this piece of code:

Code: Select all

modMisc.frmMain.AxCoPDFXCview1.SetProperty("International.LocaleID", tLangKey, 0)
where the object 'tLangKey' has values like: German, English etc. These are basically the values which are mentioned in the ActiveX SDK as basic values.

Now my question is if there is a chance to set the language of the UI to a supported language like Spanish if the language folder resides in the application module path? If so, what is the correct value for e.g. Spanish? I've tried these values but none of them worked: Spanish, Spanish (ES) and Spanish (Modern Sort). I also copied the language folder to the Bin.x64 folder for 64-bit systems.

I hope you can help!

Thank you,
Martin
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: change user language to Spanish

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Martin.

Please use:

Code: Select all

modMisc.frmMain.AxCoPDFXCview1.SetProperty("International.LocaleID", 0x0c0a, 0); // "Spanish (ES)"
Also be sure that the PDFXVW_SPA.xml file is present in ./Languages folder...

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.