What Version of the OCR Module is Included?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

aitchisj
User

What Version of the OCR Module is Included?

Post by aitchisj »

Hello,

I am wondering what version of the OCR Module is included in the latest PDF-XChange Viewer SDK (2.5.212). I am assuming that the OCR DLL is embedded into the SDK somehow -- is the latest version of the OCR Module DLL (1.0.14) included in the latest version of the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK?

If so, would it be the case that every time the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK is updated that it will also be integrated with the latest version of the OCR Module?

Finally, is there anywhere where I might find this documented instead of querying for this information here in the user forum?

Thanks,
-John
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: What Version of the OCR Module is Included?

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

You can check the version of the dll within Windows' file explorer. Just right-click the dll and select "properties" from the context menu, then select the "Details" tab. Version is indicated in the "File version" field.

And yes, the SDK for download is always up to date with the latest OCR tools DLL.

We have a changelog; I will suggest to the correct people that we put it in the SDK package or display it on the download page somewhere.
aitchisj
User

Post by aitchisj »

Thanks for the prompt response. Checking the version of the XChange-Viewer SDK using "right-click -> properties" only shows me the version of the SDK, not the version of the embedded OCR Module which is actually what I was trying to find; however, you have answered my question.

Much appreciated,
-John
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Oh, if you mean the Active-X Viewer component, it contains the latest OCR available for that range of products (Viewer and PDF-Tools SDK).

We have an improved underlying engine in the *Editor* product and upcoming related lines.