OCR in toolbar

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TatianaS
User

OCR in toolbar

Post by TatianaS »

hello, I am wandering if there is a way of showing only OCR button from the File tool bar and hide Send, Print and Email buttons from that group.
Thanks.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: OCR in toolbar

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Tatiana,

take a look at page 174 of the Viewer manual or this online version: https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdf-xc ... lbars_area. It details how to customize Toolbars. You can literally drag and drop tools on and off of Toolbars.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
TatianaS
User

Post by TatianaS »

Hi, thanks for your quick response.
Is there a way of adding my own commands and icons to the custom toolbar or I can only choose from your list of commands? I am using ActiveX component, maybe there is a way to do it via api? If not, what can be changed in the predefined command's properties like title, name or ID?
Thanks.
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Nico - Tracker Supp »

Hi TatianaS,

Thank you for your post.
You can add commands from the PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX to its toolbar.
This is accomplished by using the "Customize Toolbars..." option from the "Standard" toolbar (please take a look at the View demo from the PDF-XChange Viewer SDK).
Embedding user defined controls on the Viewer's ActiveX object is not possible, I'm not sure if this was your question.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
TatianaS
User

Post by TatianaS »

What I am trying to accomplish is to have two print buttons in my toolbar: "Print" and "Print w Annotations".
When I go to the Customize Toolbars and switch to Commands Tab, there is "New" button which might help me, but is is always disabled. I would appreciate any suggestions...
Thanks
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Hi TatianaS,

Thank you for your post.
The Print command allows you to print with comments by default. If you want to print without them, there is an option at the Print dialog that allows you to print without markup ("Print Document"). Please take a look at the section: 2.2.3.45Print Specials from the Viewer Active X manual.
Regarding to your question about the New command button, this functionality is not implemented yet therefore there is not a way to add a custom command to a toolbar so that you could create a new version of PrintDocument and add it to the custom toolbar. However, you can create a tool bar in your application with a button for example, that calls these commands from the Viewer ActiveX. In fact, you could add your own toolbar on top of the ActiveX toolbar and make them look similar so that the user does not notice they are two separate things.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
TatianaS
User

Post by TatianaS »

Thanks Nico,
Could you elaborate on that and please provide some code example or API calls on how to "add your own toolbar on top of the ActiveX toolbar" because I couldn't find this in API.
That will actually solve my issue.
Thanks.
Nico - Tracker Supp
User

Hi TatianaS,

Thanks for your post.
What I meant was to create a Windows toolbar in your application and place it exactly above the top of the location (the rectangle) where the Viewer ActiveX will be located and then match the properties (i.e. colors, buttons sizes, etc) between your toolbar and the ActiveX toolbar. The idea is to give the impression to the user that everything is part of the same group of toolbars. You can find many examples on the Internet about creating a toolbar in Windows in the programming language of your choice (i.e.: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx). Unfortunately, we cannot provide support on Windows programming because it is out of scope of our job, however you may find plenty of resources on the Internet.
Thanks.

Sincerely,