Pasted Stamp IDs

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

glima
User

Pasted Stamp IDs

Post by glima »

How can I get the control Id from a Stamp that has been pasted with the "Paste" command.

1. I Create a memory bitmap and then paste it to the document. This creates a Stamp object.
2. I need to then programatically change the opacity and other properties for this object.
3. Since there may be more than 1 stamp on the page how do i get notifications for which one a user has selected.

Secondary;
A. How can I stop the viewer object from asking me to save a modified document. I want the user to be able to hit a "Cancel" button.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pasted Stamp IDs

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello glima,

Once a user places a stamp on a page - it will be the currently selected object. So you can handle the event of placing the stamp on the page and then call the GetSelectedAnnot method - that will return the page and annotation indexes.

Then please also take a look at the "How to Use" section of the Viewer AX manual - which shows you how to Save or Close a document - and you can also intercept any document closing operations and present the user with your own dialogue - that can have a cancel button in it.

Best,
Stefan