PDF file which hangs viewer

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

anovy
User

PDF file which hangs viewer

Post by anovy »

Hi, attached is a PDF file with which hangs the XChange viewer. The viewer's user interface normally works, but the viewer does not display the content of the PDF file and it continuously runs in background (full processor load) even if the viewer is closed by the user.
Attachments
Test_hangs_XChangeViewer.pdf
(52.06 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF file which hangs viewer

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

This file also fails to load and display in Adobe Acrobat and therefore we can only assume there is some content issue.

This file appears to have been made/modified with build 197 of the Viewer - please download and install the latest release and if issues still occur with the latest build we will investigate further - though it is likely we will need more detail on the creation/modification process/sample code to do so.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
anovy
User

Post by anovy »

Hi,
I agree that this PDF file is somewhat weird, however I don't agree that it cannot be viewed also under Adobe. I can normally display it under Adobe viewer ver. 8.3 (you should use deep zoom to view the content).

This is very simple PDF file containing one trasparent bitmap pattern (T shape) on gray background. This file relates to some problem with PDF XChange driver (ticket # 1253 and 1334), but this is not important here.

The important thing is that XChange PDF viewer hangs with this file, i.e. there is some serious error in PDF XChange viewer which should be fixed. Even if the PDF file is invalid (and this PDF file is not invalid, only strange), the viewer should not hang.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Anovy,

You have a point here and I've passed this file for a further investigation.

Best,
Stefan
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

Hello anovy,

... and the issue with the file you have attached is already resolved. Fix will be available in the next build (2.5.202)

Thanks for the patience,
Katya