access individual printer settings

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MartinCS
User

access individual printer settings

Post by MartinCS »

Hi Tracker Team,

We would like to offer our costumers the option to do a batch print of %n document(s). In the first loop we display the user the standard print dialog of the pdf xchange viewer:

Code: Select all

AxCoPDFXCview1.PrintDocument(tDocumentWindowID, 0)
For the following documents we don't open up the dialog using:

Code: Select all

AxCoPDFXCview1.PrintDocument(tDocumentWindowID, PDFXCviewAxLib.PXCVA_Flags.PXCVA_NoUI)
Is there a possibility to access (read/write) the printer settings of any installed printer on the local computer?

Our idea is to save the printer settings of the selected printer (paper roation etc.) set by the user in the printer dialog. So far, I wasnt able to access these settings and the printer looses the settings with the second document loop.

I hope you have any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: access individual printer settings

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Martin,

I will need to double check this with the devs to get a confirmation, but our default print dialogue is not designed to send the settings selected by the user back to the printing application, so in order to grab them, you will need to implement your own print dialogue - so that you can capture the user's choices and then apply them on consecutive prints.

Best,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Is there a possibility to access (read/write) the printer settings of any installed printer on the local computer?
-

Currently, you cannot do it using our Viewer ActiveX SDK.. But another way exists for you - you may use other our Viewer SDK - the PDF-XChange Viewer Simple DLL SDK.
With this SDK you will be able to implement your own printing-feature (and dialog) as required...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
MartinCS
User

Post by MartinCS »

Hello,

I thank you for your help. I will try to figure out a solution with the api you mentioned.

Cheers!
Martin
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Martin,

Glad we could help with an advise.
Hope you will have no troubles implementing the solution you need!

Best,
Stefan