Printing Range

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ogre
User

Printing Range

Post by Ogre »

I am currently testing the ActiveX demo of PDF-XChange Viewer for implementation into our product. So far things are going ok except for the printing of a range of pages. Per the doucmentation, I am setting the property Print.RangeType to Exact and setting Print.RangeText to the range of pages I want to print (ex. 4-5). In testing this, the entire document is printed instead of the selected range. I have even tested the C Example PrintDocument and tried the same thing and get the same result. Is this a bug in the control or is something missing from both my test and the example code? The control version is 2.5.198. BTW, print current page works fine in both my test and printdocument example, it is only the print range that appears to fail.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Printing Range

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ogre,

Please try the current latest build (199), as there were a few issues in 198 which we have already fixed, and if the problem still persists - please do send us a snippet of your code where you are setting the PageRange options, and then call it.

Also please make sure that your SDK keys are not present in the sample or we will need to disable them.

Best,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Ogre.

I tested your case but all works properly. My test code:

Code: Select all

pdfViewer.SetProperty("Print.RangeType", "Exact");
pdfViewer.SetProperty("Print.RangeText", "1-5,7,10");
pdfViewer.PrintDocument(docId, 0); // with print dialog
// pdfViewer.PrintDocument(docId, PXCVA_NoUI); // silent, without print dialog
- Please check again your code...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello,

The problem is in bad "PrintDocument" source code. In that sample, before printing PDF, text in IDC_EXACTLY_TEXT is cleared by OnPropertyChanged function. We will fix this example in next build. For now, you may look at FullDemo example - it works fine.
Ogre
User

Post by Ogre »

Thank you for finding the issue in printdocument. I have found the problem in my code as well and have it working correctly.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:D
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com