Important* Problem with XP (Death Looping)

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

adntES
User

Important* Problem with XP (Death Looping)

Post by adntES »

Hi team, we are using the pdf viewer product for us client and it's work great on Windows Seven and this for 100% on every system. However, we actually have Death looping on some Windows XP SP3 Professionnal or familial. When the client start the form containing the AxViewer control is just loop to death without crashing. We actually have to kill our app.However, We can actually see in the taskmanager the PDFXViewer.exe running we have to kill it too. Plus, for some reason it goes to the closing event of the form because we can see a pdf being save from the control.

If u have any ideas or maybe thing that we should know like a minimum requirement for Pdfxcviewer (Framework, Service Pack,memory etc.)

Please let us know.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Important* Problem with XP (Death Looping)

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

There are no minimum 'framework' requirements and it is almost inconceivable that resources are the issue on a machine running XP - unless you have extremley large files and multiple files open - I am afraid we are going to need more info and also please advise the build of the Viewer running and the types of files etc

As much info as possible please ..

Thanks.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

We are using the build 194 and i'm not sure what you mean by type of files but we are using the same pdf of every computer.

The principal problem i think, is that the form doesn't appear with the ActiveX viewer it's just freeze there. However , some function like save is working well.

Everythign works perfect on every Seven or Vista and this for 100% of client computer and workstation. However there is a lot of people experiencing the same problem with XP only.

We will look further into the problem and bring you more details.

Thanks!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello adntES,

Maybe the problem is with that particular form?
Could you supply a sample which we could test on XP machines on our end as well?

Best,
Stefan
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

We just test it out with some debug message, and it result that this happen in the constructor of the form (initialize component). right here.

Code: Select all

Private Sub New(ByVal fileNamePath As String, ByVal documentTemplate As NET_GestionDocumentRow, _
                  ByVal soumissionId As Integer, ByVal typeDoc As Enumeration.Data.EnumDocumentTypeDocument)

MyBase.New()

'Cet appel est requis par le Concepteur Windows Form.
        InitializeComponent()

'Ajoutez une initialisation quelconque après l'appel InitializeComponent()
        m_FichierAAfficher = fileNamePath
        m_documentTemplate = documentTemplate
        m_soumissionId = soumissionId
        m_typeDoc = typeDoc
    End Sub
And this

Code: Select all

<System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThrough()> Private Sub InitializeComponent()
        Dim resources As System.Resources.ResourceManager = New System.Resources.ResourceManager(GetType(frmPDFXViewer))
        Me.btnImprimer = New EasyDeal.Controls.EasyDealButton
        Me.AxPDFXviewer = New AxPDFXCviewAxLib.AxCoPDFXCview
        CType(Me.AxPDFXviewer, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).BeginInit()
        Me.SuspendLayout()
        '
        'btnAideToolTip
        '
        Me.btnAideToolTip.Font = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.Font"), System.Drawing.Font)
        Me.btnAideToolTip.ImeMode = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.ImeMode"), System.Windows.Forms.ImeMode)
        Me.btnAideToolTip.Location = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.Location"), System.Drawing.Point)
        Me.btnAideToolTip.Name = "btnAideToolTip"
        Me.btnAideToolTip.Size = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.Size"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.btnAideToolTip.SizeToLabel = False
        Me.btnAideToolTip.TabIndex = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.TabIndex"), Integer)
        Me.btnAideToolTip.Visible = CType(resources.GetObject("btnAideToolTip.Visible"), Boolean)
        '
        'UC_MenuTop
        '
        Me.UC_MenuTop.Name = "UC_MenuTop"
        Me.UC_MenuTop.Size = CType(resources.GetObject("UC_MenuTop.Size"), System.Drawing.Size)
        '
        'UC_MenuBottom
        '
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetIconAlignment(Me.UC_MenuBottom, CType(resources.GetObject("UC_MenuBottom.IconAlignment"), System.Windows.Forms.ErrorIconAlignment))
        Me.UC_MenuBottom.Location = CType(resources.GetObject("UC_MenuBottom.Location"), System.Drawing.Point)
        Me.UC_MenuBottom.Name = "UC_MenuBottom"
        Me.UC_MenuBottom.Size = CType(resources.GetObject("UC_MenuBottom.Size"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.UC_MenuBottom.TypeBouton = EasyDeal.Controls.UC_MenuBottom.EnumTypeBouton.RetourSeulement
        '
        'btnImprimer
        '
        Me.btnImprimer.AccessibleDescription = resources.GetString("btnImprimer.AccessibleDescription")
        Me.btnImprimer.AccessibleName = resources.GetString("btnImprimer.AccessibleName")
        Me.btnImprimer.Anchor = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Anchor"), System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)
        Me.btnImprimer.BackgroundImage = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.BackgroundImage"), System.Drawing.Image)
        Me.btnImprimer.Dock = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Dock"), System.Windows.Forms.DockStyle)
        Me.btnImprimer.Enabled = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Enabled"), Boolean)
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetError(Me.btnImprimer, resources.GetString("btnImprimer.Error"))
        Me.btnImprimer.FlatStyle = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.FlatStyle"), System.Windows.Forms.FlatStyle)
        Me.btnImprimer.Font = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Font"), System.Drawing.Font)
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetIconAlignment(Me.btnImprimer, CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.IconAlignment"), System.Windows.Forms.ErrorIconAlignment))
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetIconPadding(Me.btnImprimer, CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.IconPadding"), Integer))
        Me.btnImprimer.Image = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Image"), System.Drawing.Image)
        Me.btnImprimer.ImageAlign = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.ImageAlign"), System.Drawing.ContentAlignment)
        Me.btnImprimer.ImageIndex = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.ImageIndex"), Integer)
        Me.btnImprimer.ImeMode = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.ImeMode"), System.Windows.Forms.ImeMode)
        Me.btnImprimer.Location = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Location"), System.Drawing.Point)
        Me.btnImprimer.Name = "btnImprimer"
        Me.btnImprimer.RightToLeft = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.RightToLeft"), System.Windows.Forms.RightToLeft)
        Me.btnImprimer.Size = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Size"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.btnImprimer.SizeToLabel = False
        Me.btnImprimer.TabIndex = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.TabIndex"), Integer)
        Me.btnImprimer.Text = resources.GetString("btnImprimer.Text")
        Me.btnImprimer.TextAlign = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.TextAlign"), System.Drawing.ContentAlignment)
        Me.ToolTipFormBase.SetToolTip(Me.btnImprimer, resources.GetString("btnImprimer.ToolTip"))
        Me.btnImprimer.Visible = CType(resources.GetObject("btnImprimer.Visible"), Boolean)
        '
        'AxPDFXviewer
        '
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.AccessibleDescription = resources.GetString("AxPDFXviewer.AccessibleDescription")
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.AccessibleName = resources.GetString("AxPDFXviewer.AccessibleName")
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Anchor = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Anchor"), System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.BackgroundImage = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.BackgroundImage"), System.Drawing.Image)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Dock = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Dock"), System.Windows.Forms.DockStyle)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Enabled = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Enabled"), Boolean)
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetError(Me.AxPDFXviewer, resources.GetString("AxPDFXviewer.Error"))
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Font = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Font"), System.Drawing.Font)
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetIconAlignment(Me.AxPDFXviewer, CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.IconAlignment"), System.Windows.Forms.ErrorIconAlignment))
        Me.ErrorProviderFormBase.SetIconPadding(Me.AxPDFXviewer, CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.IconPadding"), Integer))
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.ImeMode = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.ImeMode"), System.Windows.Forms.ImeMode)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Location = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Location"), System.Drawing.Point)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Name = "AxPDFXviewer"
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.OcxState = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.OcxState"), System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.State)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.RightToLeft = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.RightToLeft"), Boolean)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Size = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Size"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.TabIndex = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.TabIndex"), Integer)
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Text = resources.GetString("AxPDFXviewer.Text")
        Me.ToolTipFormBase.SetToolTip(Me.AxPDFXviewer, resources.GetString("AxPDFXviewer.ToolTip"))
        Me.AxPDFXviewer.Visible = CType(resources.GetObject("AxPDFXviewer.Visible"), Boolean)
        '
        'frmPDFXViewer
        '
        Me.AccessibleDescription = resources.GetString("$this.AccessibleDescription")
        Me.AccessibleName = resources.GetString("$this.AccessibleName")
        Me.AutoScaleBaseSize = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.AutoScaleBaseSize"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.AutoScroll = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.AutoScroll"), Boolean)
        Me.AutoScrollMargin = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.AutoScrollMargin"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.AutoScrollMinSize = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.AutoScrollMinSize"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.BackgroundImage = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.BackgroundImage"), System.Drawing.Image)
        Me.ClientSize = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.ClientSize"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.Controls.Add(Me.btnImprimer)
        Me.Controls.Add(Me.AxPDFXviewer)
        Me.Enabled = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.Enabled"), Boolean)
        Me.Font = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.Font"), System.Drawing.Font)
        Me.Icon = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.Icon"), System.Drawing.Icon)
        Me.ImeMode = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.ImeMode"), System.Windows.Forms.ImeMode)
        Me.KeyPreview = True
        Me.Location = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.Location"), System.Drawing.Point)
        Me.MaximumSize = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.MaximumSize"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.MinimumSize = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.MinimumSize"), System.Drawing.Size)
        Me.Name = "frmPDFXViewer"
        Me.RightToLeft = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.RightToLeft"), System.Windows.Forms.RightToLeft)
        Me.StartPosition = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.StartPosition"), System.Windows.Forms.FormStartPosition)
        Me.Text = resources.GetString("$this.Text")
        Me.ToolTipFormBase.SetToolTip(Me, resources.GetString("$this.ToolTip"))
        Me.TypeBouton = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.TypeBouton"), EasyDeal.Controls.UC_MenuBottom.EnumTypeBouton)
        Me.TypeBoutonCalcule = CType(resources.GetObject("$this.TypeBoutonCalcule"), EasyDeal.Controls.UC_MenuTop.EnumTypeBoutonCalcule)
        Me.Controls.SetChildIndex(Me.AxPDFXviewer, 0)
        Me.Controls.SetChildIndex(Me.UC_MenuTop, 0)
        Me.Controls.SetChildIndex(Me.UC_MenuBottom, 0)
        Me.Controls.SetChildIndex(Me.btnAideToolTip, 0)
        Me.Controls.SetChildIndex(Me.btnImprimer, 0)
        CType(Me.AxPDFXviewer, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()
        Me.ResumeLayout(False)

End Sub
The form is actually correct i suspect it freeze on the creation of AxViewer control.
Maybe this have to be related to my wrapper? That i change the Method that was out to ByRef here the two method that needed to change : GetViewObjetFromName() GetDocumentfromName().
I don't know why this error can happen on some XP but never happen on 7 or Vista. It can actually work on some XP this is why i don't understand.

Is there any programs and control that could interfere with your PDfViewer control??

I joined the dll wrapper and the .cs
Attachments
AxViewerWrapper.zip
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the info - BUT - we would still like the actual form itself to allow us to analyze and advise.

Without the form - we cannot be sure we can reproduce - so please supply.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Thanks for the info - BUT - we would still like the actual form itself to allow us to analyze and advise.

Without the form - we cannot be sure we can reproduce - so please supply.
I just added the form, u will have to remove some control to make it work but you got the whole thing.
Attachments
frmPDFXViewer.zip
(5.92 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello adntES,

John asked me to make a ticket for this case:
#1093: Viewer SDK: XP infinite looping
So that it can be assigned to a developer and investigated properly.

We will post the results directly here in the topic.

Best,
Stefan
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello adntES,

John asked me to make a ticket for this case:
#1093: Viewer SDK: XP infinite looping
So that it can be assigned to a developer and investigated properly.

We will post the results directly here in the topic.

Best,
Stefan
I have news , i tested this without my Wrapper dll. So i did properly add in the designer the good Component however it doesn't change anything the problem stay!
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks adntES,

this thread is referred to in the ticket so any comments you add here should be picked up by the team member who works on this.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hello adntES,

As you can see - PDFXChange Viewer ActiveX works fine with automatically generated wrapper in VS 2008, so it looks like some problem with your own wrapper code. We will need full example which can be compiled on our side to investigate your problem.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:Hello adntES,

As you can see - PDFXChange Viewer ActiveX works fine with automatically generated wrapper in VS 2008, so it looks like some problem with your own wrapper code. We will need full example which can be compiled on our side to investigate your problem.
We just test with our customer without the edited wrapper and the problem persist. The only thing that run the activeX control is the form i sent you. Maybe we can clean it of our personnal control so you can compile it ?

PS
We are currently using VS 2003 can this be a problem ?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Please send us the wrapper code as requested - ensuring no license info is included and we will be happy to analyze and advise.

Best regards
Tracker Support
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

John - Tracker Supp wrote:Please send us the wrapper code as requested - ensuring no license info is included and we will be happy to analyze and advise.
In this zip i joined the CS file that is use to make the library and the dll result
Attachments
AxViewerWrapper.zip
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

adntES wrote:Maybe we can clean it of our personnal control so you can compile it ?
That would be fine. Please send us full project with all source codes, so it can be compiled on our side.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:
adntES wrote:Maybe we can clean it of our personnal control so you can compile it ?
That would be fine. Please send us full project with all source codes, so it can be compiled on our side.
I did 2 small new projects looking the same as our form, one with the wrapper and the second one without it.
I will test them at the customer workstation where the problem happen and if the problem appear again i will send it to you.
I should send it in about 1 hour or so.

regards
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

We just tested both version of the program (custom wrapper or not) with the activeX control and we are unfortunatly having the problem for both version (it freeze when opening a document). I sended you the both solution so you can compile it and a dxdiag of the workstation that may help too so you can test it.
These programs are very basic* so it will be very suprising that the cause is from the form itself.

regards
Attachments
TestSln.zip
(121.99 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello adntES,

I received a notification in the ticket that our developers are investigating this case, so we will post here again if we have any further questions.

Best,
Stefan
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

I received a notification in the ticket that our developers are investigating this case, so we will post here again if we have any further questions.

Best,
Stefan
Thx !, just tell us if you need anything else.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Hello adntES,

I have tested your exe files which you have send to us on different PCs with Windows XP (XP x64, XP SP3, XP SP2(x86)) with latest version of Viewer, and all works fine. Maybe there is some third party software (like antivirus) on customer workstation, that blocks opening the file?

Or you are trying to open PDF document from network?
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:Hello adntES,

I have tested your exe files which you have send to us on different PCs with Windows XP (XP x64, XP SP3, XP SP2(x86)) with latest version of Viewer, ans all works fine. Maybe there is some third part software (like antivirus) on customer workstation, that blocks opening file? Or you are trying to open PDF document from network?
No the pdf are local on the computer. I remark that the computer was using Panda Antivirus. I'll look further into this. Do yo u have any idea or software that can help me to provide alot of information on the customer spec?

There most be something interfering the control because some XP just doesn't work and Freeze on opening files.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Try to disable any antivirus software or any other software that may block access to the file and report back if problem still exists.

HTH.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:Try to disable any antivirus software or any other software that may block access to the file and report back if problem still exists.

HTH.
Alright, i'll try to do it today , if not u will have the answer tomorrow !
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Update,
We tryed to disable the anti-virus, and other software that may block or just interfere. Unfortunatly , nothing seems to works.
The problem is that we can't EVEN see the basic form after launching the .exe. However, it is alive in the process (both PDFX and my little program).

Maybe you have an idea why a .exe can be alive in process but cannot show up ?

Plus, i joined an html report that fully describe the customer workstation.
Attachments
ReportSystem.zip
(86.22 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Hi adntES,

Thank you for info. Could you also check standard samples (which comes with distribution of Viewer SDK) on customer computer?
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:Hi adntES,
Thank you for info. Could you also check standard samples (which comes with distribution of Viewer SDK) on customer computer?
Yeah good idea !,
I'll take control today and test with the sample.
I'll reply later with detail thanks.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

UPDATE,
I tested with your samples from SDK on the same workstation and they ALL have the same problem. However
i found something new. If i kill the PDFXCview control in the task manager after launching a sample(or my program) without killing the program.exe related, the form just appear from nowhere and the Ax control is grayed with your logo but of course i can't use the Ax Viewer, it just pop up a empty messageBox when i try to open a PDF. This is a normal behavior since i killed the pdfxviewer in task i presume.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

You have tested only dot.net samples or also unmanged (c++, delphi)?
And as I can see (from html report) PDF-XChange was not installed on client machine. What kind of distribution (system registering) of ActiveX you are using?
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Corwin - Tracker Sup wrote:You have tested only dot.net samples or also unmanged (c++, delphi)?
And as I can see (from html report) PDF-XChange was not installed on client machine. What kind of distribution (system registering) of ActiveX you are using?
I only test .net samples since our application is in dot net. I installed with two ways before testing the program.
I try with Redistribution Information and ActiveX Control installation as describe in your PDF documentation which is already functional in our main app that does the same problem as your sample on the customer workstation. I did register correctly the dll and .exe using both command and this i repeat work flawless on every seven or vista even most XP system (All XP at our office works with the PDFX Ax control). I also try with the installation PDFXV_dev.exe build 194 that i had a while ago on the customer computer and then testing the samples and our main app but the problem stay.

The only way that we are able to use the Ax control on the client computer is when we install and use your full program (PDFXCview.exe). Any "side" program like your sample or our main app doesn't work.

Is there any other ways we can contact each other?

I'll keep you inform if we actually have more customers with this problem.

Please let us know if you find something !
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, adntES.

Please check one moment: after entering program into dead loop - run the TaskManager and look to process list - what is CPU Load for your process and for our PDFXCview.exe process separately?

Thanks.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hi, adntES.

Please check one moment: after entering program into dead loop - run the TaskManager and look to process list - what is CPU Load for your process and for our PDFXCview.exe process separately?

Thanks.
Here the result :

With our main app the Cpu stand to 00.. of course it rise a little when i press the button who is opened the form containing the AX control but it goes down to 00. The pdfx view stand at 00 too.

I tested this with the sample too.
The sample process stand at 00 and it's the same for PDFX view.

I tested the delphi and C sample but they also have the same problem.
I also try the pcview36 sample and it works perfect.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Hi, adntES.

Please perform some advanced tests and let us known about results. Look to attached archive. Thanks.

Also try other simple test: in the sample make the our ActiveX-control invisible initially (by form editor, not by run-time code) and try to reproduce the problem again...

Next question: can you reproduce the problem with the simplest example - "OpenDocument"? This example hasn't com-event handler.

Note: we are planning to release the new build in the upcoming week...

Best
Regards.
Attachments
Tests.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 130 times
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote:Hi, adntES.

Please perform some advanced tests and let us known about results. Look to attached archive. Thanks.

Also try other simple test: in the sample make the our ActiveX-control invisible initially (by form editor, not by run-time code) and try to reproduce the problem again...

Next question: can you reproduce the problem with the simplest example - "OpenDocument"? This example hasn't com-event handler.

Note: we are planning to release the new build in the upcoming week...

Best
Regards.
You will have an answer today or tomorrow. We will test correctly as you said and bring some
light into this !

Thanks alot for the help
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello adntES,

And thanks for checking this. While you are running your tests our project leader took a look at your case and believes that this is a problem specific to your machine, and has therefore asked if it would be possible for you to set up a TeamViewer session on a machine to which we could connect remotely and test as otherwise we might be forced to stop investigating as we can't reproduce it on our end.

TeamViewer is available here :

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx

Best,
Stefan
adntES
User

Post by adntES »

And thanks for checking this. While you are running your tests our project leader took a look at your case and believes that this is a problem specific to your machine, and has therefore asked if it would be possible for you to set up a TeamViewer session on a machine to which we could connect remotely and test as otherwise we might be forced to stop investigating as we can't reproduce it on our end.

TeamViewer is available here :

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/index.aspx

Best,
Stefan
No problem, i would like to know if you have any specifications for the hour or day(timezone and shedule).It will be nice to have a chat system so we can talk in real-time the day the session will take place.We will not have to wait for each other and we will be able to know if any change occurs.

Thanks!
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Hi, adntES.

Please look to private message...
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer

adntES
User

Post by adntES »

Ok i receive the message, we will try to test your file as soon as possible. However our 2 customers who have this bug is currently absent.

I will test it tomorrow if i can and then contact the dev by skype wednesday if the test files didn't change anything. We should be good to have a session on Thursday if the test is wrong.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

This is a note to readers of this thread that this issue is being worked on outside this forum. We will post the solution when it is found.

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Hi,

We have found the reason of this problem.

About the problem:

The PDFXCview.exe is our COM-server, it is the main component of our PDF-XChange Viewer ActiveX SDK.

When PDFXCview.exe starts (COM engine launches it when clinet's app. is being run), in an initial function (winmain) it initializes the COM-environment for itself in a standard way: sets a special single-threaded COM-apartment by CoInitialize(NULL).

The problem occurs when some third-party program which has been injected into our program at start and makes its own COM-initialization before our COM-initialization with parameters which are not acceptable for us, in other words it initializes the multi-threaded COM-apartment, probably by CoInitializeEx(NULL, COINIT_MULTITHREADED).

We have added one workaround into 197 build for this situation...

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Project Developer