Wrong Icon Index in PDFXCviewAx.dll ?

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Schnitzel
User

Wrong Icon Index in PDFXCviewAx.dll ?

Post by Schnitzel »

Hi,

I'm currently trying to create an setup using PDFXCviewAx.dll, PDFXCview.exe and InstallShield 2011.
While building the setup InstallShield 2011 tries to extract an icon from PDFXCviewAx.dll with index 102. But PDFXCviewAx.dll has only one icon (with index 0).
I first thought about a failure in InstallShield, but when I registred PDFXCviewAx.dll manually via command line the windows registry entry (win 7) shows the default icon also with index 102. Is it possible there is a failure in PDFXCviewAx.dll ?

Hope my discription was comprehensible :D

Looking forward to your answer,
kind regards

Schnitzel
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Icon Index in PDFXCviewAx.dll ?

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Schnitzel.

We checked our PDFXCviewAx.dll by some external resource editors ("Resource Tuner", "Restorator", "ResHacker", etc) - all displays the icon with ID==102 from the dll. May be here is a failure in InstallShield...
but when I registred PDFXCviewAx.dll manually via command line the windows registry entry (win 7) shows the default icon also with index 102
Sure, it's standard behavior.

Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
euronet software ag
User

Post by euronet software ag »

Hi,
how was this problem solved? We have the same problem with InstallShield 2013 and don't know, how the icon-error could be fixed.

We only include the files
- PDFXCview.exe
- PDFXCviewAx.dll
- PDFXCviewAx.tlb
- resource.dat

Thanks for quick help!
Chris
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, Chris.

We have not changed anything with it in the current release.
But in next release we will make some minor changes that may solve the issue with InstallShield, we hope..

We made the technical build - you may use it to check if problem is solved:

http://docu-track.co.uk/PDFXCviewAx.317.1.A.zip

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.