setting text color of typewriter tool

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MartinCS
User

setting text color of typewriter tool

Post by MartinCS »

Hi,

we are trying to set the font color of the typewriter tool programmatically using the following code:

Code: Select all

Call g_oPdfViewer.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontSize", 20, 0)
Call g_oPdfViewer.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontName", "Arial", 0)
Call g_oPdfViewer.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.Bold", 1, 0)
Call g_oPdfViewer.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.Strikeout", 1, 0)
Call g_oPdfViewer.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FColor", RGB_val, 0)
All code lines work without any problems except the last one. We don't receive an error but it doesn't change the font color.

I hope you guys have any advice or help!

Thank you!

Regards,
Martin
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: setting text color of typewriter tool

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Martin,

Have you checked that the RGB_val is passing the correct value?

Best,
Stefan
MartinCS
User

Post by MartinCS »

Hi Stefan,

I have to correct myself. It works and the text color is the color we set through source code. But the color of the icon doesn't change.

Best,
Martin
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Martin,

The guys confirmed that this is a bug on our side, so I made a ticket which will allow us to track and fix this bug:
#1058: Viewer SDK: Toolbar button not properly updated when the tool properties are changed

Best,
Stefan
MartinCS
User

Post by MartinCS »

Hi Stefan,

you guys are so fast and reliable!

I'm confident that you're able to solve this problem with ease. Despite this little bug it's been a great pleasure to work with you.

Have a nice weekend!

Martin
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for the kind words MartinCS,

you too have a great week end.

:-)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
MartinCS
User

Post by MartinCS »

Hi Paul,

thank you ... ;)

This morning I encountered another problem with the typewriter tool. Using the methods 'GetProperty' and 'SetProperty' I am able to modify the font size of the Char container programmatically. When I set the font size property with:

AxCoPDFXCview1.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontSize", PDFToolSettings.TypewriterFontSize, 0)
everything works perfect and I'm able to set the font size via source code.

But when I try to get the property of the font size with:

AxCoPDFXCview1.GetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontSize", vDataOut)
I don't get the correct value set by the user using this tool previously.

On the other hand if I set the value through code (see first code line) and then read the new value I get the correct font size value:

AxCoPDFXCview1.SetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontSize", PDFToolSettings.TypewriterFontSize, 0)
AxCoPDFXCview1.GetProperty("Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[0].TextFormat.Char.FontSize", vDataOut)
MsgBox(vDataOut)
In my opinion there is a problem reading the font size value set by the user via front end. Could you check that, please? If there's a bug indeed it should also work for the other contained objects of the Chr container as well.

Thank you!

Best,
Martin
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi MartinCS,

I've made a note on the ticket to check this also.

regards
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi, MartinCS.
I encountered another problem with the typewriter tool. Using the methods 'GetProperty' and 'SetProperty' I am able to modify the font size of the Char container programmatically. When I set the font size property with:
Code:

everything works perfect and I'm able to set the font size via source code.

But when I try to get the property of the font size with:

Code:

I don't get the correct value set by the user using this tool previously.
If I understand you correctly - you wanted to obtain the font size which last used by the user - it's impossible in current implementation.

The Commenting.<Tool>.<StyleN>.TextFormat.Char.FontSize contains the font size which was saved by user especially by UI-feature [Text Editor/Context Menu/Text Format/Set Current Text Formatting as Default] it does not contain the last used font.
The Commenting.<Tool>.<StyleN> objects contain info about different styles of tool, one tool can have more one style. The ID of current style of tool is specified in Tools.<Tool>.Style.
The correct example (C#):

object curTypewriterStyle;
AxCoPDFXCview1.GetProperty("Tools.Typewriter.Style", out curTypewriterStyle);
string curStylePrefix = "Commenting.Typewriter.Styles[#" + curTypewriterStyle +"].";
object fontSize;
AxCoPDFXCview1.GetProperty(curStylePrefix + "TextFormat.Char.FontSize", out fontSize);
Best
Regards.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Martin,

I have some good news. The guys just told me that the problem with the buttons not properly updating outlined in ticket #1058 is now resolved and that the fix will be in build 196 expected by the end of the week.

Best,
Stefan