PDFtoPrinter working, but sometime windows 1780 Error

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Post Reply
Patrick2018
User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 am

PDFtoPrinter working, but sometime windows 1780 Error

Post by Patrick2018 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:20 am

hello,

I am using PDFtoPrinter (http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/pdftoprinter.html) , which is a wrapper, based on PDF-XChange Viewer.

it works smoothly in 99% time, but in the other 1% it will get a windows error 1780, that can be found in windows log.

in this case, nothing will be printed.

if trying again the same pdf in same PC with same printer. it works again.

is that printer driver problem ? printer tech-support can't resolve this problem.

Does anyone has similar experience ?

Appreciate for all your help and information.

Patrick

User avatar
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin
Posts: 14680
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PDFtoPrinter working, but sometime windows 1780 Error

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:13 am

Hello Patrick2018,

It seems like Error 1780 is related to driver problems - and this will usually be related to a printer driver issue rather than an issue with our Viewer. In any case - the Viewer is now discontinued - so if the error is on the side of the Viewer - it can not be fixed, and this tool prepared by Columbia Uni can not use our Editor I believe.

I am sorry I could not offer a better advise, but what I can propose here is to keep an eye while converting your files, and when this error happens - just to reprint that same file a second time.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Patrick2018
User
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 am

Re: PDFtoPrinter working, but sometime windows 1780 Error

Post by Patrick2018 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:57 am

Hi,Stefan

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes, I think your software runs quite smoothly and Err 1780 could be driver problem.
The reason that post my question here is to find sb face the same issue.
maybe his solution could inspire me : )

Thanks again for all your help.

Patrick

User avatar
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin
Posts: 14680
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:07 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: PDFtoPrinter working, but sometime windows 1780 Error

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for the kind words, and indeed - asking a question in a forum could help yo find others who have experienced the same as you, however I do not think I've seen such an error reported by anyone else. So it's likely a driver issue. Please try updating/repairing those drivers at your end and see if that helps to eliminate those intermittent issues completely.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Post Reply