Fullscreen mode not working

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

belonesox
User

Fullscreen mode not working

Post by belonesox »

Hello all.

In last versions of PDFXchange fullscreen mode not working.
Specifically, it hides only titlebar, but menu, toolbars, status line is still shown.

Fullscreen screenshot/screenprof attached.

Sincerely, Stas Fomin

Version 2.0. (54.0)
Attachments
pdfxchange-fullscreen-bug.zip
(393.79 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
belonesox
User

Re: Fullscreen mode not working

Post by belonesox »

About usability of the forum — in "Upload attachment" block allowed attachment extensions should be published.
I make 3 "blind trial" to upload .png (not allowed), .jpg (not allowed), .zip (lucky guess, allowed).
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

All files must be wrapped in an archive - always - either zip, rar or 7z are acceptable - no other format is allowed for attachments as we have been in-undated with nude images and other trash numerous times in the past and this helps to reduce the occurrence of such unpleasantness.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I think you will find that fullscreen mode is customisable. Here is a screen shot of my fullscreen mode with just one toolbar showing. This can be hidden with a shortcut. Next time I enter fullscreen mode the toolbar's show/hide state is remembered.

Build 2.0.54 is an old version. I recommend updating to the latest version 2.5 build 191.0.

BTW I like the fullscreen mode autohiding toolbar at the bottom left with the leave fullscreen mode button, and next/previous page buttons.

BUG: However, if I click the green next page button on the last page, the entire screen becomes black and the fullscreen mode toolbar disappears. There is no obvious way to escape from this state. I can escape from fullscreen mode with a shortcut or use the mouse to scroll up to the previous page. Using latest build 191.

Agreed about forum use. The upload attachment page should clearly show the allowable attachment formats and maximum permitted file size.
Attachments
Fullscreen Mode.zip
(312 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Katya - Tracker Supp
User

Post by Katya - Tracker Supp »

Hi Bhikkhu

Yes, you are right - this bug with full screen toolbar can be reproduced only when Presentation mode in full screen is enabled.
We'll fix it as soon as possible.

As a workaround you can:

1. Press 'B' key when the screen is already black. The current page will be visible again.
or
2. Disable Presentation mode (Menu/Edit/Preferences/Full Screen/Unable Presentation)

Thanks for your report :)