V.2.5 (Build 188.0) Crashing Firefox?

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DrBB01
User

V.2.5 (Build 188.0) Crashing Firefox?

Post by DrBB01 »

Since I installed this version of PDF-Xchange Viewer about a week ago, I find that Firefox crashes whenever I have PDF file open in a tab for more than a few minutes. The PDF-XV plug-in is installed, and I am running the most recent version of FF (3.6.13). I have not seen this particular problem mentioned so I don't know if it is unique to my installation.

Specific symptoms change. The most common one is that if I have a tab open displaying a PDF file--whether I am viewing it at the moment or not--FF just freezes, and I have to kill the FF process in Windows Task Manager. The other symptom (about 20% of the time) is a message from Windows saying that my system resources are running low and to close any unnecessary applications. If I close PDF-XV quickly enough (close tab and/or the application if it is open outside FF), nothing bad happens; otherwise Windows crashes. So far, no other obvious symptoms.

I have listed other potentially relevant installation information below, but in case this is not a simple diagnosis and/or fix I am wondering how to revert back to a previous version of PDF-XV. [I just noticed that the PDF-XV version I am running indicates it is a beta, though I didn't knowingly update to a beta version.] I have never had this type of stability issue arise in the several years I have been using this application. Thanks.

DrBB01

Dell XPS 8000, Windows 7--64 bit, 8 gigs RAM, quad-core
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: V.2.5 (Build 188.0) Crashing Firefox?

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

Hi DrBB01,

That is odd as we have not had other reports of this nature, please try updating to the latest build v2.5.190. See if that resolves the issue, if not please get back to us.

Best,
Chris
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
DrBB01
User

Post by DrBB01 »

Chris - Tracker Supp wrote:... please try updating to the latest build v2.5.190. See if that resolves the issue, if not please get back to us.

Best,
Chris
Hi Chris,

I just downloaded 2.5.190 and, while it is too soon to know for sure, so far no crashes. If I have any problems with it, I'll report back. Not sure how I missed the update; I thought I checked before I posted.... :oops:

Have a great New Year and thanks.

DrBB01
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Thanks for the good news DrBB01,

This topic (as most of the topics in the forum) will remain unlocked so you can post here at any time, shall the problem reappear (of course we hope it won't :P)

Happy New Year,
Stefan