PDF X Vwer Locks up on Saving heavily Marked Up file

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

scpdc
User

PDF X Vwer Locks up on Saving heavily Marked Up file

Post by scpdc »

Hello,

I have a HP Compaq dc 7700. I am trying to use some custom stamps I imported. When I drag 1 stamp on the plans and save no problem. Everything works perfectly. But if I do several comments and say 3 or 4 custom stamps and save, it lock up less than half way through the save process. i have to end the task and try again. And the only way to get it to save is to do one task, save, then a task and save, and so on.

Is there anything that can be done with this? Any other information i can post that would be helpful in this?

FYI: I have over 3 gigs of ram and there are no other applications open and I did freshly reboot my computer and tried again with the same results. I think the issue might be related to the processor?
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF X Vwer Locks up on Saving heavily Marked Up file

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

very hard to say to be honest - could you perhaps provide the custom stamps and the PDF file so we can take a look - if they are in anyway sensistive - please zip and email to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum post for ref - in fact preferably use the option 'Help -> Report a Problem' as this provides extra system info - but please do attach the above requested info as well.

Thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Please make sure that you not using build 56 - there is a known issue with Viewer lockup in this build. Build 57 is available and it fixes this issue.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
scpdc
User

Post by scpdc »

Thanks for the quick feedback! The stamps are not sensitive and I can post them if need be. However, I think I am using build 56 so let me try the newest one and see if that fixes it. I'll report back as soon as I do.

I am assuming the 57 build is the latest download on the website.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Many thanks - and yes build 57 is indeed the latest ;-)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
scpdc
User

Post by scpdc »

Sorry for the delay, but build 57 did fix the problem.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Excellent news - thanks :)

Best regards
Tracker Support