Session sync (?)

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gamrot
User

Session sync (?)

Post by gamrot »

I read many books using PDF-Xchange on different computers and every time I switch computer I waste time finding the last page I've read. Is there a method of restoring the same session on multiple computers?

Sorry for such noob question, I swear I've searched the forum :)
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Session sync (?)

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi gamrot,

if you are able to save the file you could either create a bookmark at the current page or you could go into the document properties and set the default page to open at.

If you did the latter you'd need to remember that a preference setting to restore the last View will over-ride this. If you close a document on PC A on page 30, then read some more on PC B and stop at lets say page 50, even saving this as the default page to open at will not work on PC A because it will remember you last were at page 30 on that machine. You'd need to change the settings in Edit --> Preferences --> Page Display --> Initial View and Page Display.

hth
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Session sync (?)

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

Best solution for your purposes is to use portable version from flash drive. Check "Restore last used Layout and Zoom settings for pages from the Recent List when opening" option and portable version will remember all settings include position in file on flash drive.
But there is one limitation - you should place files on same location on every PC where you want to read them. Yes, Viewer remember full path to file, so if path begin from different letter (even everything else in path is same and fileas are same) - Viewer will treat thouse files as different.
HTH.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.