File Size Too Large

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

compassguy
User

File Size Too Large

Post by compassguy »

I'm using X-Change Viewer Version 2.0, Build 52.0. OS is 64 bit Windows 7.

I'm trying to load a file that is 53MB, and get an error message saying
"The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved."

I get the same error message when I try to load the file into PDFTK Builder. Loading files of 25 and 30 MB has not been a problem.

Is it a software limitation/issue or a settings issue on my computer?

TIA
David
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: File Size Too Large

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi David,

there is no default limit we impose and as the message is also coming from another 3rd party application not related to us it would appear that the limitation is imposed by some setting in Windows (never heard of such though) or possibly something odd about a specific file ...

We would be happy to take a look at the file - though this would have to be FTP'd as email wont pass through at that size - if you email support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this forum message - we will provide FTP info to allow you to upload to our severs direct.

Cheers
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Giraffe
User

Post by Giraffe »

Same build, opened a catalogue that was 212MB in a few seconds - and this computer's not fast.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks 'G' - does seem as though Davids issue is local to his system - or the file itself - or this message maybe erroneous ...
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
compassguy
User

Post by compassguy »

I suspected that it's a local problem, but I had to rule out software limitations first before taking the next step with our IT dept. Any thoughts on what else I should look at? I looked at virtual memory, which is set at 3037 MB.

TIA
David
Lzcat - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Lzcat - Tracker Supp »

From which subsystem you getting this message? It is strange that you getting error "The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved." during loading file. What exactly are you doing and which software using (except Viewer)?
If you are trying to open this file in internet browser plugin:
- this message may be generated by browser (plugin require to load complete file and try to use browser cache to avaoid file download each time; and some too smart browsers does not allow to load such files into cache)
- some third-party software may monitor what browser downloading and generate such message (for example antivirus or any program which organize "sandbox" for browser)
If you are using standalone Viewer:
- there is not enough free space on system drive (or where Temp folder is located), or there is too much files in Temp folder. If this is the case - just clean Temp folder. (Viewer need to create some tmp files during work).
- some third-party software may monitor file opening and generate this message (for example AV software).
If you are using our SDK:
- you have selected wrong forum :wink:
- we need much more information about your product (better - get working sample which reproduce problem).
And in any case if you unable to resolve problem we will need your file to investigate.
PS. Have tested Viewer on 9Gb file (it was created for other testing purposes) and it works well. And real files with sizes about 150-200Mb are handled well.
Victor
Tracker Software
Project manager

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.